Missing image backup openatv 6.3

wilsock

TK Supporter
Hi all, just decided to do a software update on atv 6.3 which went fine, so continued to do a settings and image backup (nothing better to do, load of crap on the tv tonight). Image backup completed in 8 mins and says it's stored in hdd/Images, however when I ftp to it, the folder is empty. Has this changed with recent updates with atv, has anyone else had this problem?

My old backup is still there in the fullbackup folder, and settings backup worked ok.

Thanks.

Hmm just checked mine and no saved images but its destination is now usb and internal hdd has the other backups?

Thanks cacti, yeh bit weird something isn't right. Mine should save to external hdd but as I say theres just an empty folder(images), my settings backup and my old full backup along with all the other stuff.

There's only 2 options when starting the backup, 1, save to media/hdd or 2, don't do a backup at all.

Anyway I've tried twice, resulting in bugger all backup anywhere.

I'll have to leave this to the tech wizzards, it's way beyond my limitations lol.
Thanks for looking into it guys

Yes above my pay grade also lol,had to google how to and had putty on pc
ip entered and root entered + df -TH, need to recheck if i entered df - TH ? and nothing like yours came up @Willo3092

I only have a usb in rear for recordings, epg etc. It's been running ok like that for a while doing backups but only got the problem tonight after software update

I just checked my VU+ and it did indeed store the backup in the /media/hdd/images folder.

The box was only flashed with atv 6.3 yesterday so a recent image.

How much space is on your /media/hdd device? my backup file is 250mb, I suspect creating the backup needed about twice that amount.

Hi Grog, It's only a 16gb usb but its only got the epg going to it and at the moment there's 14 gb free

Back