Moterised dish uk surrey area

Do you think be ok with 80cm dish for 16.e I’m in Guildford Surrey if that helps, is they way of checking before ordering a dish at 80cm?
Id think you be ok, but ask your installer, he should be able to advice.

Heard being down south you get better reception not sure if that’s true or not, can you advise me ferret on sky dish zone 2 dish with motor?

So Purplesat was with you supplying dish also ? If so bloody hell !
I spoke to him on phone he said your looking at 600 on install which include dish, he said won’t not put my dish if I bought up saying it’s cheap and will break down etc, said paying for moterised dish for 100-200 will break down easy

Heard being down south you get better reception not sure if that’s true or not, can you advise me ferret on sky dish zone 2 dish with motor?
Modifications to the rear of the dish is needed to be able to mount it to a motor unless you can find a new mk1 zone 2 doubtful.

Duncan at Purplesat may seem expensive but you're paying for the years of knowledge and experience. He will have to travel (most likely quite far) to your house, then you don't say what the £600 includes? ... he could be supplying all materials - large dish, lnb, motor, bracket, receiver, cables + he will strengthen brackets and brace them then he has to spend time fine tuning the dish and tuning in the receiver etc.

Duncan helped to fit my dish over 6 years ago and it's still holding firm to this day despite several spells of bad winds and thunderstorms.

Duncan at Purplesat may seem expensive but you're paying for the years of knowledge and experience. He will have to travel (most likely quite far) to your house, then you don't say what the £600 includes? ... he could be supplying all materials - large dish, lnb, motor, bracket, receiver, cables + he will strengthen brackets and brace them then he has to spend time fine tuning the dish and tuning in the receiver etc.

Duncan helped to fit my dish over 6 years ago and it's still holding firm to this day despite several spells of bad winds and thunderstorms.
52e and 28e possible on multisat?

This was jun 2023
The gentleman agrered fixed price so don't think he tried to made money. We were hindered by little rain which delayed the installation but he did spend actual 6 to 7 hours on fixed dish.

For motorised, he probably did not have enough time and I asked him to come down as it was very dark and too late .

To be honest, motorised is probably quicker to set up than multi-lnb as once you've got the first one right (0.8w as reference) then all the others should fall in line across the arc.

To be honest, motorised is probably quicker to set up than multi-lnb as once you've got the first one right (0.8w as reference) then all the others should fall in line across the arc.
If using USALS any sat can be used to set up, 1w was generally used in most of uk if using diseqc only.

52e and 28e possible on multisat?

This was jun 2023
The gentleman agrered fixed price so don't think he tried to made money. We were hindered by little rain which delayed the installation but he did spend actual 6 to 7 hours on fixed dish.

For motorised, he probably did not have enough time and I asked him to come down as it was very dark and too late .

Yes. I would vouch him highly. He is a proper professional and came back to fix my motorised free of charge in the same fixed price . I think quote mentioned above included his travel time to South from Cheshire with material so seems reasonable. The OP should search for a local installer in Surrey.

Back