Motor crashing past 30E

Was it a predefined channel list your where using like vhannibal auto settings It caused
all sorts of problems with my motorised system

Was it a predefined channel list your where using like vhannibal auto settings It caused
all sorts of problems with my motorised system

No, my channel list is whatever I've scanned myself, on each individual satellite.

I've never used Vhannibal or any other predefined list before. Should I be?

I wouldn't just caused my receiver to crash all the time Your right when you say about the goto function worked on the vix image open atv no

My apologies, I have deduced things based on your posts. Because you were using Positioner setup, I deduced/concluded you were using Diseqc motor controls. This is where you move dish and store positions. People who use USALS motor controls don't need to use positioner setup, that is the whole point of the software. You set the dish hardware correctly for USALs, you then tell the image to use software and tell it your co-ordinates and the software does the rest.

Normally, people who want to scan a transponder or single satellite use the manual scan option. Normally, people who want to select a satellite so the dish moves use the channel/service list. You select the Orbital mode, select the satellite, select a channel and the USALS part of software calculates how much the dish should be moved.

Positioner Setup:
May I ask why you are using Positioner setup?

Pre-made Channel list:
You don't need to use one. But most people use one when testing or fault finding. I personally just used the lamedb files without the bouquets. Vhannibal and others insist on using satellite xml files when there is no need for it. This is why they mess up people's tuner configs and so forth.

@Abu Baniaz how do I use USALS?

All these years I thought using Positioner in Tuner Configuration was USALS cos it asks for longitude and latitude coordinates, and then the motor does the rest.

You set your co-ordinates and that is it. Your screenshot picture already says that you are using USALs motor control.

I don't understand why you are entering menus for not using USALS. i.e Why are you going into positioner setup?

By the way, I am trying to establish whether you motor moves fine and save you from the expense and effort changing the motor. Please do not use part of the image that is crashing. Just select channels on various satellites. You do not need to go into any other menus or perform scans.

You set your co-ordinates and that is it. Your screenshot picture already says that you are using USALs motor control.

I don't understand why you are entering menus for not using USALS. i.e Why are you going into positioner setup?
That's fine then.

I was using Positioner Setup to see if I could get the motor to manually move when it got stuck on a satellite like 39E etc.

And the fact that it was crashing when I tried to access it, I knew something was wrong.

I'll make do with 23.5 and below for now I guess.

Sorry for my poor explanation, but please do the following: Do not do anything in any other menu/option. PLEASE!

1. Select a channel on 30w.
Does dish move?
Does channel become receivable? (This is not necessarily decryptable)

2. Select a channel on 0.8w.
Does dish move?

3. Select a channel on 4.8e.
Does dish move?

4. Select a channel on 19.2e
Does dish move?

5. Select a channel on 39.0e
Does dish move?

6. Select a channel on 42e
Does dish move?

Sorry for my poor explanation, but please do the following: Do not do anything in any other menu/option. PLEASE!

1. Select a channel on 30w.
Does dish move?

2. Select a channel on 0.8w.
Does dish move?

3. Select a channel on 4.8e.
Does dish move?

4. Select a channel on 19.2e
Does dish move?

5. Select a channel on 39.0e
Does dish move?

6. Select a channel on 42e
Does dish move?

1. Can't get 30W from my location as the house next door built an extension!
2. 0.8W works, as evident by the screenshot in my previous post above.
3. 4.8E works
4. 19.E works
5. 39E and 42E are the tricky ones. The motor seems to only start working once I have removed the 39E and 42E service lists from my box, and then restart it.

At this moment in time I'd prefer to keep things how they are. I'm good to go with 23.5, 19.2, 16, 13, and others.

Good result. I would not have thought of deleting the 2 sats!! And your box has FBC tuners which I know nothing about but could they create a conflict. My last Dark Motor behaved like yours after 13 years mind and I had to do same as you. In the end I got a new motor and problem solved but one thing I never tried was changing the image. I have used Blackhole first for a long time then swopped to Openvix and stuck at that. And boxes were UNO, SOLO2 and now DUO2. Time flies. I have the manual for the Dark Motor and it does show how to reset with buttons etc but these motors can take up a lot of time when they go wonky.

If your happy now stick with it.

@bmitie yeh, defo gonna stick with it for now whilst the domestic football is on. Will maybe take a look at changing the motor once the World Cup gets underway in November.

I did consider running a different image, but I've used OpenATV for so many years now that I don't want to change. Plus it allows me to configure my remote the way I like.

Without wanting to start a new thread, what signal do you guys get on 0.8W and where are you located?

I'm getting between 70-75% in London, but I wanted to know if I should tinker with it more to get a better % or am I being too greedy?

I would not get too hooked up on signal strength as each image can give a different reading and it will depend on LNB, cable and receiver and rig must be completely plumb ie dead center. I use Al jazeera and the gospel channel as I then get a H and a V. With a triax 11ocm here near the Atlantic its 70% on Al jeezera and 63% on gospel. this is with AXHD61 and black ultra. On Duo2 Openix gives 83 and 91.

Try these and see what the reading is.

I would not get too hooked up on signal strength as each image can give a different reading and it will depend on LNB, cable and receiver and rig must be completely plumb ie dead center. I use Al jazeera and the gospel channel as I then get a H and a V. With a triax 11ocm here near the Atlantic its 70% on Al jeezera and 63% on gospel. this is with AXHD61 and black ultra. On Duo2 Openix gives 83 and 91.

Try these and see what the reading is.
Gospel Channel SNR: 78%

Al Jazeera SNR 77%

Using OpenATV 6.4

I'll stick to that then

One last question. Is the skew on my Technomate LNB correct?
3EV8zmxl.jpg

i.e. The zero should be 90 degrees/12 o'clock?

One last question. Is the skew on my Technomate LNB correct?
3EV8zmxl.jpg

i.e. The zero should be 90 degrees/12 o'clock?
On a motorised it should be 0 as the tilt from the dish compensates for scew.

You may get better signal adjusting it slightly on 1 sat position but it will no doubt have a negative effect on other positions.

You never adjust the skew angle with a Motorised satellite system It corrects it self as it moves through the ark

Back