Motorising a Zone 2

@The Guvnor , or @Ferret. which Zone 2 dish was used in your pics aand additional bracket , which ones do I need , may try this out too as old sky dish in the shed ,
Try and find one with a pole mount. If it has the 4 nuts on the rear mount you’re good.

I think the only dish with a different rear mount is the Triax which has a horizontal bar across the back which you mount to a pole.

Right I may have sourced a zone2 as pic #7#8 @Ferret. Just need the clamps, only spares I have is off my old tm2300 they are 4" and don't actually want to drill them even if suitable. You got a link to buy them thanks and coach bolts M8 90mm ,? These ok or like cheese Coach Bolt & Nut

Thanks

Last edited:
Why not get a nice 65cm triax in black and even looks better than a sky mk2? Save you lots of fiddling around. Only a thought. I am waiting to see it working.

Right I may have sourced a zone2 as pic #7#8 @Ferret. Just need the clamps, only spares I have is off my old tm2300 they are 4" and don't actually want to drill them even if suitable. You got a link to buy them thanks and coach bolts M8 90mm ,? These ok or like cheese Coach Bolt & Nut

Thanks
Trawl ebay screwfix and the like mate.

If i can find the info for where i got them ill post a link.

Thanks
The clamp may be 4 inch wide in total but the jaws only need to be 2 inch 50mm.

Yeah that's true, but motor clamps are hard to get hold of , last time I looked and needed replacements,

Just after generic ones. Bought in the past got wrong size 😗 I could get the MacLean ones ,
Ty he coach bolts ok I listed

Here's a pic of mine which @ferret helped me with it was eventually replaced with a 1m

View attachment 98721
Bit of a bump on this but I found this exact zone 2 and bought it.

Ordered some 50mm vjaw clamps but the elevation bracket on the dish is 60mm wide.

The motor has 100mm clamps and these would be ideal but I cannot find a bracket anywhere near as wide as 100mm online.

Any idea where I can find some?

Ordered some 50mm vjaw clamps but the elevation bracket on the dish is 60mm wide.

The motor has 100mm clamps and these would be ideal but I cannot find a bracket anywhere near as wide as 100mm online.

Pics of what you have would help

These are the ones I used you'll need 4 and then 4 long bolts to go between and you will need to drill 2 of them to match the holes on the bracket

Heavy Duty Jaw V-Bolts up to 5 cm x 8 cm Aerial Pole Mast Steel U-Bolt Clamp x 2 | eBay

Back