Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

I'm recording the series "Salvage Hunters" and the spin-off series "Salvage Hunters: The Restorers" but Movie Organiser (V3.6) is putting both series into a single Folder called "Salvage Hunters" I assume from an earlier posting its because "if there is a colon in the name we take the show name as that to the left of the colon".

Is there any way to get around this so I can get the two series go into their own seperate folder?
It's been a few years since I put this plugin together, but if memory serves me right I don't think there is. I would need to dig the source out and take a look but at the moment I am snowed under so that could be a while before I can get to it

Tx, perhaps if you get the opportunity (and the inclination) to do an update sometime, could you consider adding an option to ignore colon(s) in the title (I appreciate this would then stop the episode grouping) but it would help with the growing number of spin-off series which have a colon as part of the series title.

It's been a few years since I put this plugin together, but if memory serves me right I don't think there is. I would need to dig the source out and take a look but at the moment I am snowed under so that could be a while before I can get to it
Well grog68, no worries we can all understand but just wanted to let you the plugin works with openatv 7.0 RC1 but not openatv 7.1 insiders version . I know both atv versions are still in development so to many changes happening to keep up :smiley:

Well grog68, no worries we can all understand but just wanted to let you the plugin works with openatv 7.0 RC1 but not openatv 7.1 insiders version . I know both atv versions are still in development so to many changes happening to keep up :smiley:
got to hate ATV at sometimes, this is why I'm not updating Grogbuild atm, the MovieOrganisor was updated to work on both ATV 6.4 (python 2.7) and 7.0 (python 3) and now they must have changed something for ATV 7.1, maybe a new version of Python yet again, I don't know but not doing anything until they release the stable release and then if I get chance will take a look.

got to hate ATV at sometimes, this is why I'm not updating Grogbuild atm, the MovieOrganisor was updated to work on both ATV 6.4 (python 2.7) and 7.0 (python 3) and now they must have changed something for ATV 7.1, maybe a new version of Python yet again, I don't know but not doing anything until they release the stable release and then if I get chance will take a look.
Yes I can understand updates every day

Python 3.11 - no code changes for it to work just new compile.
Someone asked if I could put it up on the OE-A as a feeds plugin, what do you think?

OK, I assume 3.60,is,latest version?
Yes, I haven't done anything with it since it was moded to work with both Py 2.7 and 3

You could create an account and create a repository and allow twoll access to contribute to it to help.

Alternatively twoll could create a repository and grant you access to make any future edits
to be honest, I don't do much on the boxes these days so I probably wouldn't make any edits

My mistake had not used it for a while but it is still not removing New: from file names
I'm not convinced that this is a problem with MovieOrganisor to be fair. I'm wondering if something changed in ViX at some point :unsure:
Afaik MovieOrganisor IS removing the NEW from filenames but it doesn't remove it from the ts.meta file which is what ViX uses to display the filename in Movie Player. (I think).

I use MovieOrganisor to catalogue my movie files and set it to remove NEW from the filename.

Movie Selection shows the files like this:

movieplayer.png

But the filename is like this:

filename.png

and the ts.meta file includes the NEW on line 2

meta.png

I've been hoping someone with more brains than me could have a look and sort it out Embarrassed.png

I've been using a per folder script, but ideally I would like a recursive version that would rename it in all the sub-directories of my RECORDINGS folder but I con't know how to do it crying.gif

Code:
sed -i 's/New: //g' /media/autofs/RECORDINGS/Monsterquest/*.ts.meta

Last edited:
Back