Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I'm starting a new thread for this plugin as the original thread was a bit disorganised with the instructions being pages in. Please note I know Organisor is spelt incorrectly but it's easier to leave it as it is LOL

This plugin will move series of recordings into sub folders, so all of your eastenders recordings will be put into an eastenders folder making them easy to find. When there is just one recording left in a sub folder that recording will be moved back to the main file list and the folder removed.

As well as TV recordings, this plugin also appears to work ok with downloads from the IPTV services Vumoo and Watch Series.

The latest version of the plugin (version 3.80) in ipk format can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/nddaek1f7ujygwk/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_3.80_all.ipk?dl=1

If you have the original script still installed then you will need to delete your cron manager entry for the script Menu -> Timers -> CronTimers as the plugin no longer needs a cron.

If you have an older version installed via the IPK installer then installing this latest version will automatically remove the older version, but keeping your settings.

This is my first ever plugin for anything let alone these boxes and I am not a python coder so please note their may be the odd bug, if you find one then please let me know. As always all feedback is appreciated.

INSTRUCTIONS

Download the ipk from the link above and either ftp the file to the /tmp or /media/hdd folder on your box, or save it on your USB stick and put it in the front of your box.

Press the blue button on your box remote control and select Plugins -> IPK |nstaller and press OK

bluebutton.jpg

Then highlight the device where you stored the ipk file and press OK

selectmedium.jpg

You will then be asked if you want to install extensions, just press OK

screenshot3.jpg

You will then be presented with a list of IPK files, highlight the enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor ipk and press OK so a tick appears next to it.

screenshot4.jpg

Now press the green button on your remote to install the plugin. Once installed the system will restart, please wait for the box to come back on.

Once installed and the box has restarted you will now need to set the plugin up. Press the green button on your remote to get your plugin list, scroll down to Movie Organisor and click OK button on remote

screenshot5.jpg

Initially the plugin is not enabled so you are given the opportunity to enable

screenshot6.jpg

just press the right arrow on your remote to enable and you will be presented with the settings page.

screenshot7.jpg

The following settings need to be set :

Path to your recordings folder : using the left and right keys on your remote you must select the path where your tv recordings are stored. (I have assumed to certain extent where to get this list from, if your recordings folder isn't included please let me know)

Run every : using your left and right keys on your remote you can select between 15 minutes, half hour, hourly, 3 hours and 6 hours. The more often it runs then the sooner your recordings are sorted into folders but the more times your hdd is going to be accessed.

Remove the text 'New' from recording names : Some programs are labelled with the word New: if it's a new episode not shown before, if you set this to 'Yes' the text 'New:' will be removed.

Keep recordings marked as New separate : this option is not available if you set the above option to yes. If set to yes, episodes labelled with New: before their title are kept separate from recordings of the same program that are not new.

Run while in standby : if you set this to yes then the plugin will run 24/7, if you set to no then the plugin will not run when the box is in standby.

Pressing the RED button will CANCEL your settings.

Pressing the GREEN button will save your settings and start the timer.

Pressing the YELLOW button will save your settings, start the timer and also runs the plugin instantly. using the YELLOW button does NOT effect the timer.

Pressing the BLUE button checks for updates, if there are no updates you will see

uptodate.jpg

and you can just press ok to return to plugin settings. If there is an update you will be asked if you want to install the update and reboot the box.

updateavailable.jpg

Selecting no will return you back to the plugin settings, selecting yes will install the new version of the plugin and reboot your box. Please make sure you're not recording when you do this as your recordings will be interupted when rebooting.

Enjoy

Grog68

Last edited:
How do you install this on Vix? I've FTPd to the location you said to but it isn't showing up in the IPK installer.

you should be able to do the same with atv is there any reason for the guide to says to place the ipk in media/hdd? when most ipks are placed in tmp on both atv and vix.

you should be able to do the same with atv is there any reason for the guide to says to place the ipk in media/hdd? when most ipks are placed in tmp on both atv and vix.
NO actually, only because that's where I put it and the photo shows /media/hdd :) I've up dated the instructions

awesome work.. gave it a go on the 2s and it works perfect... now i dont have to go through endless recordings of four in a bed to get to shipping wars :grin: good work mate

Grog68.......... i have spent some time playing with and testing your plugin which has worked ok for me.
The next Beta release of Wooshbuild v4.00 for the H2S is almost ready for release and could include your plugin as a standard feature if you are happy with that ?
An acknowledgement of your work would of course be notated on the forum and in the thread.

Grog, great work, one thing that is thread related, not plugin related.
Would you prefer this thread was purely made up of questions and answers? I ask this because I feel woosh's thread and many others go way off topic and get too padded with thank you and such posts, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find the information within the thread.
Let me know and I'll pop in sporadically and delete the nonsense posts.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Grog68.......... i have spent some time playing with and testing your plugin which has worked ok for me.
The next Beta release of Wooshbuild v4.00 for the H2S is almost ready for release and could include your plugin as a standard feature if you are happy with that ?
An acknowledgement of your work would of course be notated on the forum and in the thread.

Feel free to include the plugin with the next release of Wooshbuild.

Grog, great work, one thing that is thread related, not plugin related.
Would you prefer this thread was purely made up of questions and answers? I ask this because I feel woosh's thread and many others go way off topic and get too padded with thank you and such posts, and it becomes increasingly difficult to find the information within the thread.
Let me know and I'll pop in sporadically and delete the nonsense posts.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Yes that makes sense, thanks

Hi GROG........could you have a look please at FLV files ?
Post on Wooshbuild that these were not being sorted via the plugin but the MP4 files were ?
Thanks

Taken from Wooshbuild 4 thread:

I see thank you.
I also noticed it will not move *.FLV files,it leaves them in the movie folder.
I downloaded a series of 12 episodes last night,some were mp4 and some were flv,only the mp4 files were organized.

At the moment the Movie Organiser plugin only works with TV recordings and shows downloaded via the Watch Series IPTV plugin (MP4) are sorted as they are the only ones I have had a chance to work on. I plan to add more as time goes on. Please let me know how you downloaded the flv files, and I can look at making the plugin work with them.

Thanks

Help for the Village Idiot

How do you install this on Vix? I've FTPd to the location you said to but it isn't showing up in the IPK installer.

ftp to tmp then install via ipk installer

Hi folks, I'm pretty excited to use this but i'm falling at the 2nd hurdle- I'm pretty useless and trying to get to grips with my H2S box (bought pre built).
I've downloaded the IPK and tried to install but pressing blue only gives me the options for 1.CCcam Info. 2. IPTV Player. 3. media Portal. 4. Softcam manager. 5. Vix.

If I go to Menu-Plugins - I've only got Cache Flush, IPTV Player, Media Scanner, Media Portal, OpenWebif, Picture Player, TSmedia and TSpanel.

I've had a look at the Green button (Download plugins) but no joy.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMAG1231.jpg
    IMAG1231.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG1232.jpg
    IMAG1232.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMAG1233.jpg
    IMAG1233.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 202
If I go to Menu-Plugins - I've only got Cache Flush, IPTV Player, Media Scanner, Media Portal, OpenWebif, Picture Player, TSmedia and TSpanel.

I'm not running Vix at the minute but I think the option is here:

Menu > Setup > Vix > Software Manager > Install Local Extension

Yes or if using one of kiddacs skins ipkg install

Yes or if using one of kiddacs skins ipkg install

Thanks folks, had a quick try via USB this morning and got the below error (good chance it's me)
I'll get on it tonight and see if I can get it working.

Really appreciate the help.

Attachments

• IMAG1234.jpg
    IMAG1234.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 197
Back