Multi LNB or Motorised dish ? Size and rough cost ideas

hi all,

Looking to get some ideas. Which option is better. Motorised dish or multi lnb? Looking to get 19.2 , hotbird and astra 28.2 only .

Not sure I can achieve this on multi lnb setup ? Don't want big dish so smallest possible size will be better ? What minimum size I shall need in greater Manchester region .

Budget is limited so the cheapest option will be better.

Alternatively, should I consider two stand alone dishes . 1 for sky and 1 for 19.2 for example?

Any recommendations for installer or supplier will be appreciated.

Cheers

hi all,

Looking to get some ideas. Which option is better. Motorised dish or multi lnb? Looking to get 19.2 , hotbird and astra 28.2 only .

Not sure I can achieve this on multi lnb setup ? Don't want big dish so smallest possible size will be better ? What minimum size I shall need in greater Manchester region .

Alternatively, should I consider two stand alone dishes . 1 for sky and 1 for 19.2 for example?

Cheers
Linesman had done threads on this in the last week so look for his postings

Can be done on a multi lnb setup on a 80cm dish but id use 90 to be sure.

If i was me and you want things small and standard looking id motorized a sky zone 2 dish. Youll get a fair bit more than 19.2 and 28.2 that way and if you where to use a small footprint motor like a stabb mount no one would realize it was anything other than a sky dish.

Those three satellites are pretty strong. You should be fine with an 80cm dish. Might even be ok on a 60cm dish. Focus on middle satellite. Check other dishes in area for definite.

I've seen people with those three on a zone 1 sky dish. But about 200 miles south of you.

Personally if your doing it I would go with motorised. That way your not limiting yourself to certain sats.
Opens up a whole host of other channels/satellites and live feeds.

But it’s all down to personal preference - budget and what you plan on watching.

Personally if your doing it I would go with motorised. That way your not limiting yourself to certain sats.
Opens up a whole host of other channels/satellites and live feeds.

But it’s all down to personal preference - budget and what you plan on watching.

I have already a decent box so hoping to get under £200. I have never used motorised but heard it could be slow as compared to multi lnb.

Linesman had done threads on this in the last week so look for his postings
Thx , I found the thread but it is a bit too technical for me. I will need an installer to do that for me.

Just trying to figure out which setup is better first and which sat has still have some English HD channels which clear with a line.

Thx , I found the thread but it is a bit too technical for me. I will need an installer to do that for me.

Just trying to figure out which setup is better first and which sat has still have some English HD channels which clear with a line.

Nothing is to technical in life There is always
A solution Lot great members on the fourm
Will help.you through the whole process

hi all,

Cheers
Motorised is OK to watch one channel in one room, or to watch the very same channel in other rooms. Multi LNB provides the option to watch different channels in all rooms. My multi sat system in London has a Triax 1.1M dish with 4 LNBs pointing at 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E. I ran the cables from the dish via a Next YE-17/16S Gold MultiSwitch to MK K3565DABWHI wall sockets in each room, and also installed a wired Broadband network. I carefully researched and designed the whole system on paper, specifying and costing the equipment and materials, then asked a few local recommended installers to quote. See Home - Satellite TV Europe (Andrew Baber) or search CheckATrade and NextDoor websites for local installer recommendations.

Last edited:
Nothing is to technical in life There is always
A solution Lot great members on the fourm
Will help.you through the whole process

True mate. only issue is that I hate heights so climbing on ladder is big issue otherwise in my past life I used to be Sat fixer in my friends circle and probably can try myself by following your excellent guide- (talking about a foreign country with flat roofs with big dish antennas.) .

cheers

Motorised is OK to watch one channel in one room, or to watch the very same channel in other rooms. Multi LNB provides the option to watch different channels in all rooms. My multi sat system in London has a 1m dish with 4 LNBs pointing at 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E. I ran the cables from the dish via a 16/17 MultiSwitch to a MK wall sockets in each room, and also installed a wired broadband network. I carefully researched and designed the whole system on paper, specifying and costing the equipment and materials, then asked a few local recommended installers to quote. See CheckATrade and NextDoor websites for local installer recommendations.

Thanks mate, I just need in one room so that is not big issue. Trying to keep the size as small as possible . 1 meter probably be a bit too big. Tried few local installer but they can only do Sky dish and no clue about multi LNB set-up.

After having used my motorised dish setup for nearly a year, have decided to upgrade my setup to have both multi lnb and motorised to experience both worlds.

Currently have TM 80cm mesh dish on motor and sly old mini dish . Was thinking to upgrade mini dish to zone 2 so I can add 19 and 13e on multi lnb but then decided to upgrade my motorised dish to 97cm TM mesh dish and going to use 80cm for multi lnb setup (installation next week)

Any ideas for optimal use of my setup ? I have ordered 4 lnb holder bracket . Can I add 28, 23, 19 and 13 on that or 28,19,16 and 13 .

With 97cm what sats I can get which is not accessible via 80cm?

Will post pictures once done.

If you use narrow nose LNBs you get 28,19,16 and 13 .

As regards to what extra sat you get really depends on what part of the country your in. Obviously any sats your borderline with now youll start to clear.

If you use narrow nose LNBs you get 28,19,16 and 13 .

As regards to what extra sat you get really depends on what part of the country your in. Obviouslyany sat your borderline with now youll start to clear.
I am in Manchester side. Not sure I can get 26 or nilesat with this and hopefully can get all feeds on 10e

Back