My H2.H Set Up Thread Using Wooshbuild...

great guide just having little trouble with ABM i am used to sucmnsee image on S**y and when i do a ABM scan it finds all channels and puts them into categories but on this only using Vermain it says Cannot Read Data and doesnt categories them any help please

Hi ste

Finally got it working. When I was saving the newcamd it was saving as a text file type and not list. Used your download. Connected it via network. I.e laptop into zgemma root usr keys. Then went into my zgemma and changed the softcams to mgcamd 1.38r like ur earlier post said. And it started. One last question how do I change the name of the box

You got there in the end :)

You can go into menu setup network or system then network (can't quite remember) then mount manager then there's the option to change the host name.

great guide just having little trouble with ABM i am used to sucmnsee image on S**y and when i do a ABM scan it finds all channels and puts them into categories but on this only using Vermain it says Cannot Read Data and doesnt categories them any help please

You have overlooked something on the guide - did you disable the satellite tuner? have you got your v*rgin media cable plugged into the top RF IN port using the little adapter? have you got the correct NET ID in the box? are you scanning with ABM and not doing an auto / manual scan in service searching?

You got there in the end :)

You can go into menu setup network or system then network (can't quite remember) then mount manager then there's the option to change the host name.
It should be /etc/hostname.

You have overlooked something on the guide - did you disable the satellite tuner? have you got your v*rgin media cable plugged into the top RF IN port using the little adapter? have you got the correct NET ID in the box? are you scanning with ABM and not doing an auto / manual scan in service searching?
He was using an incorrect splitter, also did not input his Net ID, he's all sorted. Just needs to purchase the correct two way splitter

It is, if you're doing it over network and not to box itself.

Nice one mate, 9 times out of 10 it's user error :)
Simple mistakes take up so much time :P

Just at maplins is a 5-2300MHz splitter ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, get yourself to Screwfix and get a 5-2400 Labgear ones - they work a treat.

Ideally though, you should use the stuff that VM use but the Labgear one should do you for now and see how it goes.

menu setup usage & gui display led display setup then change Show on LED to channelnumber in standby clock then green to save

That should sort it

just done a scan on ABM says cannot read data then try update config files and says incompatible versions 2.6 > 2.7

no he got my channels up last night on ipab image re-flashed with whoosbuild and getting channels juts not finding them in ABM

4d621f74e2f806ae8fc397cd5093a345.jpg

That is with automatic scan in service searching

You shouldn't be scanning with auto scan really if you want all your channels in order and in bouquets, you should be using ABM ... you need to set your NET ID / Area in ABM too under providers V*rgin UK make sure it's set to YES and you put your area ID in there and hit save before scanning.

Also, what's the white wire? please tell me that's not going into the back of the H2.H :/

Try reconnecting the sky cable and turn on the sky tuner now in ABM Providers disable sky uk then disconnect the sat tuner, it happens when abm has been setup with sky so it needs sky disabling via abm

@grog68 did you find a work around for this?

Last edited:
menu setup usage & gui display led display setup then change Show on LED to channelnumber in standby clock then green to save

That should sort it

Hi mate. Just tried this but I don't get an option to change to channel number. It just says yes or no

Try reconnecting the sky cable and turn on the sky tuner now in ABM Providers disable sky uk then disconnect the sat tuner, it happens when abm has been setup with sky so it needs sky disabling via abm

@grog68 did you find a work around for this?

This still isn't working ABM scan cannot read data

So you have re connected sat tuner and disabled sky uk in providers?

Possibly netid

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back