My road to multi sat (motor)

siilver

TK Veteran
Over the last while my system has been running its self really for the last while, but that is boring so I need another challenge

So starting looking at multi lnb, just a very basic setup
Put it up and away I go, no joy there

Order the multi lnb arm, came with the wrong fitment, meant to come as a square but came as a rectangle. But easy fix there, just cut two slots on the under side of the mount and but a then screw it down with a screw and a nut, she isn’t going anywhere

Problem one sorted, problem number 2 now

Dish was put up too tight and the pipe was all out of shape, so it can’t turn at all
So new pipe on order will be started next week again

I’m sure il will post again before getting any picture

need to get a couple more lnb
got a signal finder, but it just beeped all the time

not going to be a big fancy setup just nice and simple

Going to try motor
Talk starts here
http://www.techkings.org/threads/my-road-to-multi-sat-motor.138721/page-17#post-882736

Last edited:
will await out come of your new setup mate :(y)::(y):

dont hold your breath mate lol

i had a mess on Tuesday, as i couldn't move the dish it was had to get anything as the dish is pointed 28

as i think il need to move the dish and have 28 more to one of the sides

I'm thinking about doing this too. I put a bracket on my existing LNB earlier in the year and managed to pick up 19.0 or is it 19.2?
It's got Sky Deutchland on it anyway. I never got round to fitting Diseqc switches or anything like that so I'm going to try it when the weather gets a little better and I'm not so busy.
I will be watching your progress with great interest mate :(y):

@steptoe has done an excellent guide here:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/how-to-install-multi-lnbs-on-one-dish.131269/

I've also ordered one of these for this project:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0725X6F3R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steptoe has a link where they're a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about doing this too. I put a bracket on my existing LNB earlier in the year and managed to pick up 19.0 or is it 19.2?
It's got Sky Deutchland on it anyway. I never got round to fitting Diseqc switches or anything like that so I'm going to try it when the weather gets a little better and I'm not so busy.
I will be watching your progress with great interest mate :(y):

i did the same too, at one stage, i may have been the one who crushed the pipe lol, wasnt going to move anyway lol

but i did get another sat and i got the channels scanned but i cant remember one
but as you say once the better weather comes it will be good

i have Diseqc switche here, 4to1
got the lnb arm for up to 4 lnbs. i dont think il get it all filled mind.

everything is here, just need time to get to it
had to split my day off yesterday with, changing the springs in the car and this

I'm thinking of doing similar but I had an installer out 2 years ago because I was having signal issues with sky uk, they said it was due to a tree so they had to put the dish on my roof.

I don't fancy multi sat setup on the roof lol

Any lnb or better getting some high gain is it?

Just having a Ebay

—-

Just look at my Ebay pole, it’s coming Hermes and I’m in ni, so it won’t be here for next Tuesday week

What sats are you going to be looking for @siilver ?
I've already got a bracket up and an lnb pointing in the general direction of 19.2.
Just wondered if I ought to get more LNB's or go motorised.

What sats are you going to be looking for @siilver ?
I've already got a bracket up and an lnb pointing in the general direction of 19.2.
Just wondered if I ought to get more LNB's or go motorised.

no idea as yet, just see what i can get really

i bought a motor of the bay but as i have a zgemma, i havent got it working yet
how i have no idea

my problem with motor is, you are stick with one sat at a mine, as a multi lnb, if you have the right setup you can change easy enough

i was going to use my old h2s as a donor box just to give me a could other tuners. then just send it over the next work to another box

I've already got my old quad lnb pointed at 19.2 so I'll probably run 2 cables to it and get diseqc switches for a couple of receivers.
I would really like to get PPV boxing but don't know if you can get it on 19.2?

ive a motor at home but at work i just stuck up 2 salvaged sky minidishes, one at 28 and the other at 19 with a disecq switch.

piece of cake ;-)

if you want to get 19.2e and 13e then you will ideally need a 'bullet' lnb for one of the sats, to get good SNR on all the TPs
I found once tuned on 19.2e that some TPs on 13 were a bit weak on a 65cm even with the standard horn LNBs touching,

Back