nagra 3: is there a solution?

The story goes that Polsat is hacked running N3. All open. Thats is the only N3 system in the world that has been compromised. Nobody knows how as it's not been made public. There is an idea that in the US certain people are sitting on the N3 fix but will not release anything while providers of IKS systems are making an absolute killing. When that dries up or gets too hot that is when the feeling is the fix will start to come to light. This is all just rumours and heresay though no-one knows for sure what the situation is or whether N3 has really been compromised (but what about the Polsat situation I hear you say!!) ;)

Would it be true to say a further complication might be the fact that no two countries will be the same, ie a hack in Poland may have beneficial info but may not necessarily be completely relevant to hacking the VM encryption method in the UK?

Could be. But in my opinion and from what I can gather they should only slightly differ in algorithm. Then again that could be taken as totally different! I wouldn't imagine so though just in my opinion. On previous versions it took no time to be adapted to suit each country/provider.

Yes I think the code/algorithms were the same for nagra1 you just needed the correct decryption/encrytion keys and away you go. I don't think it is going to be as easy this time. I don't think the OSC cards will be glitchable like before so the days of the MOSC's are over. If the OSC card is ever opened/hacked the best you could hope for might be an emulation of some kind which would not be a job for the faint hearted lol.

Well thats what everyone has been using for the previous was emulation but it does seem a bigger animal. But hey, nobody heard anything the last two times. It was just released, no dates given or time frames.

With nagra1 it was possible to glitch open the original rom cards and by some clever backdoor login techniques you were able to read and write data to the card. A lot of people regarded these as the 'best' cards because they were the original ones and not emulations. Correctly configured and private images the CC would find it very difficult to stop them without preventing there own cards from working. I just don't believe this is going to be an option with the new cards?

I just think everyone said the same the last time. Everyone knew there would be black screens for an indeterminite amount of time. And all thats floating about is rumour and hearsay. I'm just sitting back with an IKS system when I want to watch it and a DM with all open bar the Sports/Adult/Sky Movies and when something happens, great!

i was talking to a mate who saw a n3 sat card for sale off a german website as it was only released a number of days ago,trouble is he did not note name of website but he will look for it again ,its a step in the right direction.

Get him to check his internet browser history for the day in question Cacti - he should find it no worries. :)

When you look at the politics of it. VM don't really care as much as people think. There are more people joining them because of these magical boxes than ever.

I'm sure they'll spend money on expanding the network first.

This is from a US site regarding the N3 progress

THE N3 CIRCUS FEST OF FALL, 2009: A TAXONOMY OF N3 AND EXPLOITS

With the recent outbursts of release date rumors (September 17 and October 22, for example; the Halloween release rumor, however, was only fabricated by a sleezy Ace. That one was posted by himself.), scam FTA sites are taking advantage of FTA user's judgement. And why shouldn't they? With lots of trust, belief and faith being put on the more convincing rumors, they're totally aware that people are easily sucked in. If you frequent a great community, be with them and take what they got. If they don't have it, it's not out there. On a side note, hundreds of virus infections, malware, etc. were released under the guise of being a fix for Viewsat. Those who took them should have learned their lesson: follow a trustable forum and if they already do, wait for that forum to release it, instead.

The September 17th rumor is nothing more but a poke at one of the exact dates of the previous years, involving legal matters behind Viewtech. Anyone with research capabilities should have figured this out.

Maybe the October 22nd rumor takes the naive cake. Being posted from the supposed VS official site, it brought up hope more than anything before. What most people forget or fail to grasp is that the site is known to have been hacked in the past and eventually taken over by money-laundering and money-sucking backwards cash cows. They in of themselves are responsible for half the scams that have risen prior to the false date. Speaking of these scams, several scam FTA sites claimed that they have the files ready for release on the 22nd and ask that people sign up at their forum at a fee. Once the 22nd had proven nonsense, they immediately changed the claim, simply stating that they merely heard information from other sources, not actually having the file. Right, they're really fooling us.

One of the more notable scam instances was made by a real common-sense lacker. A scam FTA site must have paid a low-end news site to post a news article saying that "N3 fixes were released for Viewsat on the 22nd and the said FTA site has the files." Only problem with this is that the article was posted on the 21st, ONE DAY BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE. Yeah, so apparently, they can predict the future, albeit unsuccessfully. It was all smokes and mirrors for their pay sign-up offers.

As far as N3 goes, no major progress has been made for standalone fixes. Currently, only one method works best, and it's not yet at the best state as instability plagues the solution. This particular solution is frowned upon by some FTA communities and puts the users at risk of their IP being exposed. But if they want channels on satellite, they take that route. The recent legal enforcements definitely play a part in this very slow progress, as people are afraid to do anything at all without have hot cake authorities tazing their azzes. If you want a basic idea of how much has progressed in the N3 cracking: it's been the same as it was in July. Of course, it's a little more complicated than that, but know that the current hacking trend points to a solution being released at least 2 years away.

I`ll have a listen properly tomorrow port (y)

Its a bit long & I cant concentrate with a hangover lol

Back