Nanny Settings

I have seen advice stating turn of your 'nanny settings', but I am not sure what they are or how to access them.
My router is supplied by my ISP and they have the password/log in details for the router so I do not see anyway I could access them to change anything.
Am I missing something?

I have seen advice stating turn of your 'nanny settings', but I am not sure what they are or how to access them.
My router is supplied by my ISP and they have the password/log in details for the router so I do not see anyway I could access them to change anything.
Am I missing something?
Would be helpful to say which ISP so you could be sent specific instructions how to do this.

Yes I have found the password and log in but how do I go into the settings please?
You access the router by using a laptop or pc, or maybe your smartphone.
There will be an address beginning with 192.168
You put that in the address bar and login with the details you just found

How do I access my Huawei router settings?

Huawei Router Configuration
  1. Visit the router's IP address in a new browser window. The standard address of the router's config is 192.168. 1.1 (If you have forwarded port 80 to another machine, the location becomes 192.168. 1.1:8080.)
  2. On the left hand panel, click Basic.
  3. Click DHCP on the expanded menu.

Thanks but I cannot log into that ip address all I get is an error message
This site cant be reached 192.168.1.1 took too long to respond
I have tried several times on my laptop and mobile but just get the same error message each t
I found on the bottom of the router in small print was 192.168.18.1 but that also just gives the same error message, I guess the router is locked by my isp provider.
My router model is Huawei Echolife EG8145v5

Last edited:
Do you have an account with the isp website ,for looking up bills etc. The child safe settings maybe found on there?.

I am not sure if your router ip will begin with 192 as you are in Spain.

The ip user and password will normally be on back of router. They normally don't block you.

The ip user and password will normally be on back of router. They normally don't block you.
I have located the ip address and the user/password but whatever I try it does not allow me to load the page to access the router settings. I have tried on google and opera but neither will work. But as always thanks for your help and suggestions

I have located the ip address and the user/password but whatever I try it does not allow me to load the page to access the router settings. I have tried on google and opera but neither will work. But as always thanks for your help and suggestions
Do you actually get a login screen?

Have you tried attach a network cable directly from a laptop to the router?

Reactions: PCM
Would be useful to see the CIDR range your Router is using for DHCP. We can then confirm the router IP as Gateway
I'm going to guess you are using Windows.
Follow this link to open a command terminal window - link

Once you are there - type the command below and hit enter. Screenshot or copy and paste the output to let us see.
ipconfig /all

His internal network will almost certainly be starting with 192.168 (very likely) or 172 (less likely) or 10 (even less likely)
These are dedicated RFC internal network IP ranges that are not routable on the internet - link

Back