Need help understanding?

jon123ers

Hey all. New to this so apologies. What is openbox? What is a ccam, cline, etc?
I would like to understand how it all works and how to go about setting it up?

Regards

CCCam and mgcamd are plugins for running a satellite subscription.It is called a c line or n line.If you look on the forums you will find lots of information on the subject.Quite a few channels have gone now on satellite but there are still quite a few channels.You then have cable and iptv which you can get all the channels but not on an openbox.

CCCam and mgcamd are plugins for running a satellite subscription.It is called a c line or n line.If you look on the forums you will find lots of information on the subject.Quite a few channels have gone now on satellite but there are still quite a few channels.You then have cable and iptv which you can get all the channels but probably need a new box.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your box has a DVB-S tuner and you have a sat dish, you can add a Satellite C line and get the sat channels, although there's no sky sports or sky movies
if the box has a DVB-C tuner and you have virgin cable to the house, you can get a cable C line and get everything

if your box has a DVB-S tuner and you have a sat dish, you can add a Satellite C line and get the sat channels, although there's no sky sports or sky movies
if the box has a DVB-C tuner and you have virgin cable to the house, you can get a cable C line and get everything
Is the satellite c line a subscription? I have a Vu solo2 currently running iptv and freesat but would like to rely less on iptv.
Also is that going to be better than freesat?

Everything you need to know about Openbox is here

They are old boxes now and you would be better off buying an Enigma 2 type box.

There aren't many good channels left on satelite now, so if you can get Virgin BB look in the cable section and go that route
or if you have BB from anyone else look at going down the IPTV route, something like a MAG
or an Android box (T95Z plus or similar) with a Mag Emulator such a STBEMU.pro

They are easy to set up and use.

Everything you need to know about Openbox is here

They are old boxes now and you would be better off buying an Enigma 2 type box.

There aren't many good channels left on satelite now, so if you can get Virgin BB look in the cable section and go that route
or if you have BB from anyone else look at going down the IPTV route, something like a MAG
or an Android box (T95Z plus or similar) with a Mag Emulator such a STBEMU.pro

They are easy to set up and use.
I have an enigma2 box. I have a Vu solo2 running iptv. Just wanted a route using satellite dish that may be more reliable along with IPTV. Using freesat with IPTV atm.

You only need two things for openbox, a channel list and a C or N line.

For your channel list.

http://cwaite.6te.net/Skybox/

You would be better off just putting a C or N line in the box you have, it will run sat and IPTV.
Then use ABM to get a channel list list and EPG.

What image are you using on your VU, Openvix or OpenATV ?

There will be guides on here.

Sat has lost all movies and sports channels, along with other channels, they changed the encryption
so most people went IPTV or cable if you can get Virgin.

There is a request thread here if you still want to try sat

You only need two things for openbox, a channel list and a C or N line.

For your channel list.

http://cwaite.6te.net/Skybox/

You would be better off just putting a C or N line in the box you have, it will run sat and IPTV.
Then use ABM to get a channel list list and EPG.

What image are you using on your VU, Openvix or OpenATV ?

There will be guides on here.

Sat has lost all movies and sports channels, along with other channels, they changed the encryption
so most people went IPTV or cable if you can get Virgin.

There is a request thread here if you still want to try sat
Im using Open ATV with wooshbuild. Thanks for your help :) Im starting to understand now. No cable in my area.

Vu Solo 2 is a decent box and willrun Iptv and sat very well.There is no sports or movies on sat but depends what you want..I like Vu boxes , I run a duo2 and ultimo running Xtream Editor for my Iptv and never get any problems with it tbh and quality is good. I just run factory Open Atv and adjust add what I want. I have used Infinity on a few friends boxes and it's a good build.

Back