New boiler time.

All done here. Rock doors, new windows etc. My current boiler runs for less than half an hour a day two or three times a week when on CH in winter.
You can warm a full house in December having boiler on for 2-3 hours a week?
Not surprising its lasted 14 years

Aye. Although I’m not heating all rooms at that. Running 7 rads, fully insulated on a combi and DHW also running is generally where we’re at during winter. Room temps are usually stable at 18-20, but if it drops below that we‘ll fire it up for half an hour and that’s enough.

@pupuqiop This is my thought process also. Probably going to go for an Intergas Eco RF and have the mag filter fitted with it. 12 year warranty and hopefully hassle free. Will be speaking to a few installers tomorrow to see if there's anything else worth considering.

Yeah he's put a mag filter on mine. I'm just gonna have the same guy service it (or his Son when he retires) and let him tell me exactly what needs doing.

I moved into this house in 2006 and it had a system boiler in, only spent about £800 on it over that time so it owes me nowt.

Modern boilers either work or they don't, there is no setting up, they work out of the box.
Yes you need a small amount of know how, ie, don't connect the water to the gas inlet because water doesn't burn. There's that many failsafe systems built in that there's zero chance of anything going wrong.
It's not illegal to work on gas in your own home, the rule is the person needs to be "competent", I am, it's been in 4 years without a problem, and the one it replaced had been in 12 years and I fitted that too.
We got our worster bosh done off BOXT £2400 all done the next day.

I'll update this tomorrow with a bit of luck. :whistle:
No luck needed you are getting it fitted by registered installer. So you can perhaps sleep at night knowing everything is safe (y) and if any problems then at least you can claim:smiley:

Back