new box setup

nedman87

Hi all,

Looking for recomendations for any builds for vu+ solo2

Ideally looking for SlyQ skin, IPTV, KODI all setup if possible?

Are there any images that have most and can be modified to add in the other addons?

Thanks for the help
ned

I can fire mine your way if you like? it's only got Exodus on Kodi as that's all I've been arsed putting on so far but it's running. Haven't got the SlykQ skin installed but I can stick it on there for you if you want it.

Or iPab do a build for Solo2.

Thanks for the offer Janso, I will give setting up from scratch a shot first, may need to call on some forum members for help haha. Moshi has already been a great help!

My box is coming with Openvix preflashed, so Before powering up I will install a 1tb hdd which I have read is just a case of installing and then intialising through openvix.

Should I install Kodi and IPTV before installing a skin?

Yeah, don't forget to mount the hard drive too though.

Shouldn't really make a difference whether you do it before or after adding your skin to be honest mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that done through openvix settings to?

also, do I need to ftp to install the sky q skin or can i do that via openvix?

Yes it's done on the box itself if that's what you mean. Not sure to be honest, think chabs' version might be on the downloadable plugins but kiddac's (who I prefer) you'll have to FTP over.

awsome, is there an idiots guide to ftp a skin available for first timers you could point me in the direction of?

edit: Downloading and reading kiddacs guide now :)

Last edited:
It's easy. Download FileZilla (assuming you haven't already), put the box IP address as the host name, username is root, password just leave empty and then hit quick connect. Then you put the file in /tmp (you can either type it in the bar on the right panel or just navigate to it in that right hand panel), then on your box press menu, go into vix and then ipkg installer/local extension installer (forget the exact name on vix). Then you click on the skin file, and it'll install. If it doesn't tell you to reboot, reboot anyway, then go into the usage and gui settings and skin setup and it'll be in there ready to change over to.

does it make the box any better as i never used them lol?

does what make the box better? the skins?

I have no idea as I am just about to set one up for the first time.

Maybe for slightly tech savvy people skins are not required but for some im sure they are more comfortable using what they are familiar with???

We shall find out cactus dude!

edit: unless you mean kodi? I like kodi anyway so in my opinion having it there to be used if required is not making the box any worse?

Last edited:
I have a vu running grogbuild and sly skin
I have a sub and also run nord, but was wondering if kodi is better.
I’m not dissatisfied with sub just wondering really
Cheers

I dont use Kodi on e2 boxes but say its better on android.
Is kodi not dead with limited support as been a good long while since i used it.

Back