Windows 7 New hard drive causing problems?

jazz

I installed a new backup hard drive a few weeks ago, a Seagate Firecuda hybrid drive. The drive worked fine for around a week and I had a system lockup which required powering off the system. Since then I have problems, random times the computer will not power down also takes ages to boot up.
If I disconnect the new drive the system runs great. I have run a file system check for this drive and no errors have been found.
Any ideas please?

Bios configuration /problem maybe,to big a disc space for 7 to cope with just a guess could be wrong

I installed a new backup hard drive a few weeks ago, a Seagate Firecuda hybrid drive. The drive worked fine for around a week and I had a system lockup which required powering off the system. Since then I have problems, random times the computer will not power down also takes ages to boot up.
If I disconnect the new drive the system runs great. I have run a file system check for this drive and no errors have been found.
Any ideas please?

Is the machine new enough to support SATA drives (like an Solid State Drive)

Last edited:
Make the SSD your primary AKA Master / system drive - to install the operating system, and the regular hard drive a slave - to store your important files / as a backup drive.

Back