HD51 4K New image

Hello guys, I am thinking of flashing my box with any latest image that's suitable for HD51 box. Any recommendations and is there any backup image available? Thanks

I have hd51 and Openvix is probably the bestmagebyou can run, plus it has loads of skins to choose in plugins when you get a bit bored with it

All the images have versions to identify them. Always best to give the version/date details.

The flashing using remote is basically done by a program called ofgwrite by betacentauri. How it is invoked/applied is different across the images and of course by Grog's flashing script too. They call it different names too.
ATV= Flash online
Pli = Flash image

Vix= Image Manger. Accessed by Blue > Vix > Image Manager
You should be able to download the 5.4 images if you are not on too old an image using your remote. Have a look at the colour buttons at bottom of screen when you are in Image Manager, they should be self explanatory There was a url change some time ago, so not sure if you will be affected.

If you cannot download through Image Manager, download the image of your choice using your PC. It does not have to be Vix. Do not unzip/unrar/inflate it. Transfer the zipped image file to /media/hdd/imagebackups. You will then be able to flash the image using image Manager. When you flash using Image Manager, default is to create settings backup. You will be offered the opportunity to restore settings and reinstall plugins after the new Vix image is installed/flashed. You should be up and running almost identically as before within a few minutes.

If you don't want to download transfer/etc, just use Grog's flashing script. Best you create a settings backup using Vix > Backup Manager first though.
The thread with guide is here: Flash VIX via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

That being said, your receiver supports hardware multiboot, so you can have different images and swap between them. I cant remember whether there are four slots or less.

All the images have versions to identify them. Always best to give the version/date details.

The flashing using remote is basically done by a program called ofgwrite by betacentauri. How it is invoked/applied is different across the images and of course by Grog's flashing script too. They call it different names too.
ATV= Flash online
Pli = Flash image

Vix= Image Manger. Accessed by Blue > Vix > Image Manager
You should be able to download the 5.4 images if you are not on too old an image using your remote. Have a look at the colour buttons at bottom of screen when you are in Image Manager, they should be self explanatory There was a url change some time ago, so not sure if you will be affected.

If you cannot download through Image Manager, download the image of your choice using your PC. It does not have to be Vix. Do not unzip/unrar/inflate it. Transfer the zipped image file to /media/hdd/imagebackups. You will then be able to flash the image using image Manager. When you flash using Image Manager, default is to create settings backup. You will be offered the opportunity to restore settings and reinstall plugins after the new Vix image is installed/flashed. You should be up and running almost identically as before within a few minutes.

If you don't want to download transfer/etc, just use Grog's flashing script. Best you create a settings backup using Vix > Backup Manager first though.
The thread with guide is here: Flash VIX via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

That being said, your receiver supports hardware multiboot, so you can have different images and swap between them. I cant remember whether there are four slots or less.
Thanks

Back