New Satalite Box with Twin turners / Android

Hello

I currently have a Zgemma H7 twin recorder and looking to update it, What is the best out there and if a bonus has android with it

Decent box to start with.

Not android i dont see any box with android as an option.

But as an upgrade to what you have check out the boxes with FBC tuners

The Gigablue UHD Quad is a really good bit of kit.

sorry to jump on this thread but without starting a new one, is the gigablue quad 4k box still the best?

what are FBC tuners?

and I assume still no Android solution?

I see the gigablue is not a cheap open, would the zgemma h9 or amikp viper 4k be viable cheap options?

basically looking for a twin satelitte tuner box to allow me to record?

tia

holy thread resurrection.png

The Gigablue UE UHD 4K is the same spec but with no HDMI-In and a slightly smaller display.
FBC tuners will work with a unicable lnb to effectively give you 8 tuners but will work fine with a normal universal lnb.

An Octagon SF8008 would probably suit your needs.

Android isn't a solution to watching TV imho :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 86679

The Gigablue UE UHD 4K is the same spec but with no HDMI-In and a slightly smaller display.
FBC tuners will work with a unicable lnb to effectively give you 8 tuners but will work fine with a normal universal lnb.

An Octagon SF8008 would probably suit your needs.

Android isn't a solution to watching TV imho :ROFLMAO:
Thank you mate... Sorry could I please ask exactly what the FBC tuners do? I assume a satellite dual input allows two channels to be watched at the same time? Does this change with an FBC tuner?

I'll add the octagon to my list as well then, thank you 👍

If you only need 2 tuners then the octagon will suit you fine. It will need external storage though.

A unicable LNB only has one cable from the LNB into the house and then it is distributed (if you have more than one box) from a splitter in the loft.

An FBC tuner only needs a single cable to it but will give you up to 8 tuners. (put simply).

1672696730434.png

1672696782351.png

Ok so at the moment I have two satellite inputs both coming direct from my dish, if these where to plug into a dual sat FBC tuner this would then give 8 tuners? Allowing 8 channels at the same time?

Thank you for the very detailed reply mate 😊

Back