New smartphone options

fin1

Looking to buy a new smartphone android system based, been looking online and some names e.g xiaomi, umi, ulephone, kept coming up.
basically looking to get a smartphone without paying 500 quid more just for the name when these other phones have the same operating systems and specs at a fraction of the cost.
Anyone out there using these phones, any advice on what to buy and what to stay away from?

Have a look at the One Plus 3T (Stopped making them now due to the One Plus 5 coming out soon)

They are generally the lowest budget Android phones with high specs. Also worth having a watch of some Android phone reviews on YouTube from some of the biggest phone review people (MKBHD for example)

Depends what else you will be using the Android phone for, is it just for basic calling/sending texts, surfing the internet? Will you be using many apps on the phone?

Have a look at the One Plus 3T (Stopped making them now due to the One Plus 5 coming out soon)

They are generally the lowest budget Android phones with high specs. Also worth having a watch of some Android phone reviews on YouTube from some of the biggest phone review people (MKBHD for example)

Depends what else you will be using the Android phone for, is it just for basic calling/sending texts, surfing the internet? Will you be using many apps on the phone?

yeah the one plus was my first choice but the cost is gone through the roof on those they are as expensive as any branded phone now, will check out you tube videos posted by those guys you mentioned there.
ill have a good few apps on the phone and will be using the web as well as the things a phone is meant to be used for also.

Lenovo p2 from 3uk.

£200, great spec, battery lasts forever.

12 month manufacturer warranty and comes unlocked to all networks.

Lenovo p2 from 3uk.

£200, great spec, battery lasts forever.

12 month manufacturer warranty and comes unlocked to all networks.

It's very difficult to choose which Smartphone is the best because of everyone launch best smartphone phone and also doing competition. I can't suggest you about which one is the best but I only suggest about any smartphone you want to buy then 1st you can check features and also combine with another smartphone then choose which smartphone you want to buy I'm also doing like this 1st I can check features on Gsmarena websites and also combine with another smartphone then I can choose easily which one is the best. Its really great site for hope it will also help you to choose which smartphone is the best. :(y):

Have a look at the xiaomi redmi note 4 (global edition). Superb phone with great battery life. You can pick it up for around £120 from Banggood .com and if you go through topcashback you get more discount.
It's by far the best phone I've owned.

Of the cheap Chinese Samsung lookielikies, the Homtom & Timmy both work well, but ensure you get the 4G variants. They’re about £70 delivered on eBay.

guys
this thread is from MAY. !!!!!!!!

but, since its been re-opened
I have a Blackview BV6000 , builder type phone, dustproof, waterproof, decent camera etc etc etc,
I've had it since last xmas and havent broke it yet, :grin:

oh, Dual SIM and about £120 ish
before that I had a Cubot , also Dual SIM, and good specs, about £60 ish

guys
this thread is from MAY. !!!!!!!!

but, since its been re-opened
I have a Blackview BV6000 , builder type phone, dustproof, waterproof, decent camera etc etc etc,
I've had it since last xmas and havent broke it yet, :grin:

oh, Dual SIM and about £120 ish
before that I had a Cubot , also Dual SIM, and good specs, about £60 ish

Yes may, didn't want to say just presumed everybody would assume I found a phone by now....
But since it has been brought back to life I went for the xiaomi red mi x4, wanted the 5 inch screen so didn't go for the note. I am well impressed by it surpassed everything I expected so far, I'll never buy a branded phone again..

Yes may, didn't want to say just presumed everybody would assume I found a phone by now....
But since it has been brought back to life I went for the xiaomi red mi x4, wanted the 5 inch screen so didn't go for the note. I am well impressed by it surpassed everything I expected so far, I'll never buy a branded phone again..
I got out of the branded regime a few years ago,
absolutely nothing wrong with the 'chinese copies' , are they even copies I wonder, or just rebranded versions from the same factory? albeit perhaps without the last little added detail to keep the patent masters at bay,,,,,,,
I really like the fact you can get them with dual SIM, 1 work, 1 personal, and not need to have 2 phones all the time. :)
and, of course, always unlocked to any network, my phone has 2 different networks on it,
whats the xiamo mi X4 a 'copy' of then.?

I'm not sure what it is a copy of, kinda looks like the iPhone with the engine of a Samsung I guess, 5 inch screen dual SIM unlocked, finger print recognition 3gb ram and up to 128gb storage. Perfect for my needs

I'm not sure what it is a copy of, kinda looks like the iPhone with the engine of a Samsung I guess, 5 inch screen dual SIM unlocked, finger print recognition 3gb ram and up to 128gb storage. Perfect for my needs
sounds like a cracking phone,
how much was that?
my mrs needs a new phone,
and I need to get a 1m satellite dish mounted, ;)

I had a xiomi Mi for 2 years until I dropped it into the rapids at a theme park earlier this year . Needed a replacement fast so just got a cheap one over here otherwise I would have bought another. My son has had 2 or 3 xiomi redmi phones now, the price is such that it doesn't hurt the pocket too much when you upgrade the phone.

Xiaomi Redmi 4x £98 on fleabay.Dropped down by £4 since last week.I got the Redmi note 4x from the same seller but found the 5.5in screen a bit too big so sold that and ordered the 4x instead.As mentioned a cracking phone.Delivered within 2 days

Xiaomi Redmi 4x £98 on fleabay.Dropped down by £4 since last week.I got the Redmi note 4x from the same seller but found the 5.5in screen a bit too big so sold that and ordered the 4x instead.As mentioned a cracking phone.Delivered within 2 days

ye, I had massive problems trying to get a phone, ANY phone with a decent camera that had a screen less than 5", I find its just physically too big for my pockets at work, and my hand span one handed to use,
present is 4.7" , I think, but 4.5" is plenty for me tbh
I use my camera a lot at work to photograph stuff to send to the office as evidence of issues I have had to rectify, so need a good camera
I'm more than happy with my present phone and would easily recommend to anyone.

I thought the 5 inch was even gonna be too big but glad now, the beauty of the 4x is the almost bezel free screen so the 5 inch screen is nearly the whole phone size no problem for one hand operation. I bought mine on eglobal delivered here to Ireland for around 130 euros.

I wasn't too confident on the camera from reading reviews but to be honest I had a HTC before this and the photos I'm taking are not all that different in quality.

I've had all the oneplus phones other than the oneplus 5, all solid phones never had an issue with any of them. I use the oneplus 3T as my main phone you'd get the 128gb oneplus 3T (oneplus 4) for about £350. If you don't want to pay that i'd go for one of the latest Umi phones, cheap with decent specs had a few myself well worth the money. Phones i would avoid are Elephone absolute shite.

One plus was the phone I was looking for but the price in the last few years has been growing, so it's just as bad as branded.

Back