new TV setup advice

Burlesy

TK Veteran
Hello All,

I've been out of this for a long time and need some advice on a setup and thought why not ask the guys at TK šŸ˜. I remember you guys were a friendly bunch.

I just got a new LG C1 but my TV is supplied through an APK. I would have got the Sony Bravia OLED but out of my price range.

I want to discuss potential solutions to work around the obvious (can't install apks on lg webos).

Priorities
- no major loss in quality
- somewhat easy to use

What I've done short term is install android x86 on a laptop and hdmi to the tv. This isn't ideal having to plug a laptop through hdmi every time and that the audio isn't pasing through hdmi and is coming from laptop iself.

There are 2 which obviously stand out to me:

1. Get a tablet and mirror the screen through "LG ThinQ" app. My concern with this is maybe a lose of quality?
2. Get an android box is probably the most realistic approach question is which one? One that supports 4k 120hz? I'm just guessing here. I did start to look and saw formula z10 pro max.. would this be the answer?

I was wondering I've i'm missing any obvious solution to this.
Apologies if theres a more appropriate section for this haven't been here in so long!

Hi I have same TV as you, easiest and quickest solution 4K Firestick, only Ā£29.99 when on a deal, plug and play, a doddle and my IPTV works great

Why not just get firestick?
Hi I have same TV as you, easiest and quickest solution 4K Firestick, only Ā£29.99 when on a deal, plug and play, a doddle and my IPTV works great
I've always sat on the fence with firesticks. Just the whole speed debate wireless vs hardwired when streaming I just think hardwired would provide more of a stable viewing. I know 5ghz wireless provides good speeds but how consistent it would be verses a wired connection would be my concern

I've always sat on the fence with firesticks. Just the whole speed debate wireless vs hardwired when streaming I just think hardwired would provide more of a stable viewing. I know 5ghz wireless provides good speeds but how consistent it would be verses a wired connection would be my concern
They work the same as a hardwired device, no difference whatsoever

You can hardwire a firestick if you wanted to go down that route.

But if you are nearer to the router and using the 5ghz Wifi network then you wouldnt really notice any difference.

FS 4k vs FS 4k max. Obvious difference that i see is wifi 6. Would this be worth getting if the router/ap supports wifi 6? I'm getting 150mbps download

Can these be powered by USB or does it need to go directly to a socket?

FS 4k vs FS 4k max. Obvious difference that i see is wifi 6. Would this be worth getting if the router/ap supports wifi 6? I'm getting 150mbps download

If you have a router thats supports wifi 6 and devices also then you could go for the 4k max.

But the normal 4k firestick would do the job.

You can power them with just USB but there can be problems which I have found. Would be advisable to power it via the socket.

If you have a router thats supports wifi 6 and devices also then you could go for the 4k max.

But the normal 4k firestick would do the job.

You can power them with just USB but there can be problems which I have found. Would be advisable to power it via the socket.
What problems all my firesticks are powered by usb in the tv itā€™s your tv that dosnt have enough power in the USB port to power your device properly

can run either bud either via socket or usb on my firesticks Iā€™ve had no issues powered by tv with ethanet adaptor if looking at the formuler range the formuler cc is a brilliant box from what Iā€™ve been reading the z10 ect has had a few bugs in them

if looking at the formuler range the formuler cc is a brilliant box from what Iā€™ve been reading the z10 ect has had a few bugs in them

The CC does look interesting. That would eliminate having to switch to the tv remote for terrestrial. in the spec page for this it mentions for storage:
*Recording and Timeshifting require external USB storage device or NAS.
I guess this would support network storage for recording like the z10.

Thanks for the input (y)

The CC does look interesting. That would eliminate having to switch to the tv remote for terrestrial. in the spec page for this it mentions for storage:

I guess this would support network storage for recording like the z10.

Thanks for the input (y)
Yes it would bud you can also buy a free view dongle off wos for the formuler and uses mol2 also

The obvious solution for me is DuplexPlay, IBO Player, Nanomid? Provide the mac/ID/key to your provider if you do not have the m3u url and ask them to load the playlist.

Or am I missing something here...........

The obvious solution for me is DuplexPlay, IBO Player, Nanomid? Provide the mac/ID/key to your provider if you do not have the m3u url and ask them to load the playlist.

Or am I missing something here...........
Thereā€™s been a few issues with those alately not playing all hevc streams bud

Back