New ZgemmaStar2s Vix 109 04.01.2015 sucmnsee

Thanks, got mine on the way so I will give this a go when it arrives. How you manage to get the image backed up in the end?

dont go flashing wrong firmware/image as its for box in first post only ,if you dont read the names expect a brick this box only.

zgemma star 2s

I'm guessing this is what I'll need as I am hoping to have this box at the end of the week. I use an nline so looks like it'll be what I need.

First box of this type so I'm sure I'll need lots of advice when it comes to getting it set up.

I'm getting a Zgemma Star 2S :)

I've read loads on here about people bricking boxes by flashing with the wrong file. That's the main reason I'm being so careful and double and treble checking everything before I do it.

It's a step up from the pretty much plug and play F5S so I'm expecting it to be more tricky to get set up but im also looking forward to a TV guide that doesn't need weekly manual updates.

Guys at ibox came up with the fix.

Do not put this on any box apart from zgemma 2s.

To make a backup of the gemma boxs using vix :

Menu
setup
vix
image manager
green button New Backup.

It saves to /hdd/imagebackups/openatv-gemma2s-4.2.1-"date".zip (dont try changing the name of the file before making the backup. Ignore he atv bit.
copy by ftp to pc.
unrar the zip.
take the "force" and "imageversion" files from any zgemma 2s flash folder and place in the unrarred sh1 folder.
place the zgemma folder on usb.
put in rear of box and turn on to flash.
says FLASH on front and reboots when finished.
Remove and delete off usb the flash folder.
then turn off, insert ur usb thats gonna live there and do what u do when u do what u do that sets that up :) (same as iboxs)

---------- Post Merged at 09:06 PM ----------

so you cant download cams from download plugins then?

It works fine. Its got cccam 2.3.0, 2.0.9, 2.2.1. But not the 2.1.3 that has and still works so added it. Just making it so if feeds die, its still idiotproof lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:07 PM ----------

Good work again.

I want one of these boxes but still yet to find a UK seller

Try iamthebest666 again. He said hes looking now and his inbox was full.

most cccam forums think they moved on from 2.13 to 2.30,and if the feeds die might be update image time lol

Whats the remote like on this box compared to the iBox 2 Plus SE? Thinking about getting another box for the house and torn between the two..

Also what's the difference with the CCcam version? I'm running CCcam 2.3 and it works on the iBox 2 Plus SE.. froze 10 times for 5 seconds in about 3 weeks so I can't complain with that.

Remotes are made in same design by (I assume) same people. Just few buttons In diff places. S2 remote is white too whereas se is black. Order below is 2+, 2+se and zgemma.

Attachments

• 14206666895021924225642.jpg
    14206666895021924225642.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 53
Now set up on the Zgemma 2S with @Sucmnsee's build - great job, heaps of stuff in TSpanel too Do you know the SSH password? :beg: I presume user is Dreambox-user? Tried to reset using telnet but can only seem to change password for root - which I can't use to SSH but can for FTP??? Sorry new to this so may be yet another PICNIC problem (problem in chair not in computer!!) Have tried searching but struggling sorry..perhaps there's a setting somewhere in OpenVIX??

Thanks again Sucmnsee (y)

Last edited:
Back