Newry vs Larne Fight

noelyf

VIP Member
The Irish Cup clash (literally) between Newry City and Larne was abandoned on 82 minutes after a mass brawl involving players, substitutes and coaching staff broke out.

[youtube]h-Ag7BstyaM[/youtube]

[youtube]M_g3iTFJh20[/youtube]

nothing surer than the red number 8 is in for a long long ban, unless they can get FIFA and Sepp Blatter To adjudicate on it LOL

but seriously this is a disgrace to see men fighting to an extent that the game has to be abandoned

saw this on tv this evening and all stations that showed it used still photos, i imagine that there is a movie version somewhere

I was looking earlier wheelo, I`ll try & dig it up from somewhere.

I`d say it was already on you tube & the IFA got it taken off.

i imagine that they acted rather quickly alright, we shall keep looking, that kick to the face looks particularly dangerous

Does`nt look good at all wheelo :no no:

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Found this elsewhere,

After this, all hell broke loose. The match wasn’t videoed, but a local radio commentator caught as it happened. The photographic evidence seems fairly damning against the Larne players, with one particularly appalling picture appearing to show Larne’s Anthony Lagan aiming a kick at the head of a Newry player that was down on the ground.

[video=youtube;YKvX3tgEJPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKvX3tgEJPw[/video]

In addition to this, the Larne manager was sent to the stand – arguably the decision that kick-started the fight – and left the pitch before returning to remonstrate the referee, Raymond Crangle. Crangle abandoned the match with fights still simmering all over the pitch.

It has been noted that there was no video recording of the match and that neither was there a fourth official in attendance. Neither of these factors should be a major issue – thousands of matches take place all over Britain without these, and they shouldn’t be required in case the players concerned have a mass brawl towards the end of the game – but the IFA, who now have the depressing task of raking through various versions of what actually happened, might find that this stymies their attempts to ensure that justice is seen to be done. They will be largely dependent on what was or wasn’t seen by the referee, and it is difficult to say what he did or didn’t see and whether what he did see was representative of what happened

Last edited:
Back