GrogBuild No All4one plugin with OpenVix?

kwick1

Hi,
I have a new GigaBlue UE 4K box and decided to try out Grogbuild.
(I have been using Wooshbuild on Zgemma H.2s for the last few years)
I noticed that I could select OpenVix so gave that a go and to my delight, it offered the chance to install All4One plugin (with my login/password details) during the installation process.
However, once it all booted up (which was first time and really neat btw), there was no All4One in the plugins and it is not available to download as a new plugin extension?
So, is there some way to install All4One on an OpnVix base build with grogbuild or do I have to go back to OpenATV?
Many thanks,
kwick1
PS - the tools and the ease of use were great apart from this and it appears to be very quick and stable on the GigaBlue UE 4K platform

press the green button followed by the red button to take you to removable plugins and make sure its not listed under extensions, if it is then try restarting the box to see if it appears, if it still doesn't appear return to removable plugins, uninstall it and then try reinstalling it.

If its not in the removable plugin list and still not in the extensions section of downloadable plugins let me know.

press the green button followed by the red button to take you to removable plugins and make sure its not listed under extensions, if it is then try restarting the box to see if it appears, if it still doesn't appear return to removable plugins, uninstall it and then try reinstalling it.

If its not in the removable plugin list and still not in the extensions section of downloadable plugins let me know.
Hi, thanks for quick reply,
It does not appear in the plugins nor removable plugins list and it is not available to download as a new extension. So, I can't find it anywhere at the moment.
cheers, kwicik1
PS - I'm on OpenVix so had to get to PLugins via the setup menu rather than Grenn/Red buttons but I think I've done what you asked by the OpenVix means

Hi, thanks for quick reply,
It does not appear in the plugins nor removable plugins list and it is not available to download as a new extension. So, I can't find it anywhere at the moment.
cheers, kwicik1
PS - I'm on OpenVix so had to get to PLugins via the setup menu rather than Grenn/Red buttons but I think I've done what you asked by the OpenVix means
Not sure if this important but I also noticed the ABM region parameters that I provided during grogbuild setup, did not get populated after the boot from installation and I had to go back into ABM configuration and providers and set it up again.

Oh, hang on. I just tried it again out of curiosity and it's looking different now. It's booted into Grogbuild Freerange and there are more Plugins this time including All4one.

Re-scanning channels now and will recheck and come back after completion.... :(

Well I've re-flashed grogbuild (OpenVix) and this time All4One is there BUT it crashes the box everytime I try to validate my IPTV login/password details and get black screen and crash logs..... I've checked my account details and they are ok and worked on OpenATV 6.3 and 6.4 with Wooshbuild.
I'm going to go back and try Grogbuild with OpenATV and see how that fares but I liked the OpenVix image so may come back if you find anything.
Cheers, kwick1

Well I've re-flashed grogbuild (OpenVix) and this time All4One is there BUT it crashes the box everytime I try to validate my IPTV login/password details and get black screen and crash logs..... I've checked my account details and they are ok and worked on OpenATV 6.3 and 6.4 with Wooshbuild.
I'm going to go back and try Grogbuild with OpenATV and see how that fares but I liked the OpenVix image so may come back if you find anything.
Cheers, kwick1
Just reboot the box and router first.
Then try the A4one plugin again

Cheers, kwick1
what skin are you using? if it's slyk1hd then try another as for some reason that skin doesn't get on with the plugin, saying that, the plugin and VIX aren't the best of friends either and sometimes they mess each other about.

Rather than validate, in the plugin, press the menu button and deselect one of the bouquest you don't need and then press the green button to save and then red button to exit the plugin. see if that works

After the box crashes, go into All4one again.
If your username and password are showing in the left panel you don't need to validate. Just setup your bouquets.

Thanks for all suggestions and help. At the moment, I've re-flashed grogbuild with OpenATV 6.4 and that all works OK (apart from my Infobar is only partially populated - bottom bar is empty and top left window is empty). But All4One is working with all channels and EPG-Importer is populating ok.

I will go back and try GB with OpenVix with your suggestions one last time but at least I know I can get a working environment if it fails again.

Cheers again

Thanks for all suggestions and help. At the moment, I've re-flashed grogbuild with OpenATV 6.4 and that all works OK (apart from my Infobar is only partially populated - bottom bar is empty and top left window is empty). But All4One is working with all channels and EPG-Importer is populating ok.

I will go back and try GB with OpenVix with your suggestions one last time but at least I know I can get a working environment if it fails again.

Cheers again

There are 3 partitions on the Gigablue if I remember right :unsure:
You can have a different image on each partition and it only takes a reboot to change image.

Well thank you all so much :)

I've gone back to GB (OpenVix base), with All4One running and all my IPTV channels and satellite too. It's looking great and is lightning fast compared to my old H2S :)

I still can't validate or refresh my IPTV channels in All4one but the workaround to change the menu selection and update was a great suggestion. That worked and does the trick. Just have to remember that if I decide to refresh once in a while. I think my provider recommends weekly.

I am using the default skin which is Vix-night-HD and the All4One refresh/validate problem still happens on that.

Just to close this off and clarify what I think caused all this was as follows:

During the GB setup phase, it asks you to make some tuner/region settings and also if you want any plugins such as All4One. Then it builds the image. So far so good.
Then, when you install, it asks if you want to use/keep settings and install plugins. I mistakenly thought that was old settings and plugins from the image I was overwriting and as I was wanting a clean installation, I said No to both!

I assume this is why I didn't get All4One (and several other plugins) the first time I tried this and also why the ABM settings did not get populated after boot up. Well it was my first time with grogbuild so my bad and lesson learned I guess.

Anyway, I'm up and running with all your help and it's a huge improvement :)

Cheers, kwick1

Well thank you all so much :)

I've gone back to GB (OpenVix base), with All4One running and all my IPTV channels and satellite too. It's looking great and is lightning fast compared to my old H2S :)

I still can't validate or refresh my IPTV channels in All4one but the workaround to change the menu selection and update was a great suggestion. That worked and does the trick. Just have to remember that if I decide to refresh once in a while. I think my provider recommends weekly.

I am using the default skin which is Vix-night-HD and the All4One refresh/validate problem still happens on that.

Just to close this off and clarify what I think caused all this was as follows:

During the GB setup phase, it asks you to make some tuner/region settings and also if you want any plugins such as All4One. Then it builds the image. So far so good.
Then, when you install, it asks if you want to use/keep settings and install plugins. I mistakenly thought that was old settings and plugins from the image I was overwriting and as I was wanting a clean installation, I said No to both!

I assume this is why I didn't get All4One (and several other plugins) the first time I tried this and also why the ABM settings did not get populated after boot up. Well it was my first time with grogbuild so my bad and lesson learned I guess.

Anyway, I'm up and running with all your help and it's a huge improvement :)

Cheers, kwick1
yes, basically the GB setup creates a backup file, with ATV it is automatically restored once the latest ATV is flashed, with Vix it's not automatic and it prompts you to restore it.

Back