GrogBuild No Softcam Menu

Hi, after installing grogbuild free range via terminal on my zgemma 32tc the softcam option does not show in the downloadable plugins section when i press green twice.
- addaline, movie organiser, openwebif etc all show in the plugin browser. Everything installed fine, the skin i chose works, the netid i selected is showing, only the softcam is missing. Ive tried both grogbuild and wooshbuild infinity and both dont show the softcam menu or softcam in downloadable plugins. Im using latest openatv 6.2 Thanks

Hi, wullboy, still same, ive rebooted the box and reinstalled grogbuild free range 50 times still same result. Everything works fine but softcam does not show, im baffled. Never had this problem before. However when i install an old grogbuild via usb it shows the softcam menu, but i cant use this build as its too old.

Try this m8, its in a zip file...

Attachments

• softcam-feed-universal_2.0_all.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 192
From a blank screen, press red>softcam panel
if there's no softcam panel when you press red button, what's in that list?

as wullboy says, download the file above and unzip it and copy the ipk file to the /tmp folder on your box, you can do this using ftp or windows/file explorer. Once in the /tmp folder on your box then press the blue button on your remote and select Plugins from the left and then IPK Installer on the right and follow the instructions to install it.

Once installed, restart the box and then press the green button twice and you should see a softcam section in the downloadable plugins list.

The file wullboy has linked to is older than the one used by grogbuild freerange but it should work.

I came down this morning restarted the box and softcams are now showing in downloadable plugins sections. but line is showing no ecm info.

I'm confused now, you messaged me this morning and started this thread saying softcams are not listed, but now you are saying they are?

Have you installed the softcam you need from the downloadable plugins list, by default they should be installed but I don't know if you have installed the IPK above this morning and they have appeared or if they just appeared on their own.

I came down this morning restarted the box and softcams are now showing in downloadable plugins sections. but line is showing no ecm info.

If softcams are now installed but no ecm info, either the line has expired or it's in the wrong location, where did you put the line?

thanks everyone. I rebooted the box and now softcam menu is showing. i pasted the line into root>usr>keys>newcamd its a cws = line

In that case, go to softcam menu and restart the mgcamd softcam by pressing green.
if still no ECM's, the line has expired or the box isn't connected to internet

ive bought a CWS line and pasted it into usr>keys>newcamd and it says no ecm info
i then got a test C line and pasted it into usr>keys>CCcam.cfg and it still says no ecm info
i used CCam2.3.0 for the C line and mgcamd_1.38r1 for the CWS line in the softcam panel.

Ive pressed green and restarted the cam many times, still no ecm info. Yes the network test is all green ticks. Box is connected to the internet because i can access it via the ip 192.168 etc and through filezilla.

i bought the CWS line of a friend yesterday, and ive asked him and he says the line is fully working on his end, he said the line isnt showing any activity or use on it which makes me think my box isnt connecting to it.
i bought a C: test line this morning and its same as above. The seller is saying the line is working but my box isnt connecting to it.

you have put the line in newcamd.list file and not a file just named newcamd haven't you?

If you press the green button and then select E2iplayer and then once loaded select union flag -> Watch Series and then select the top item of each list that appears does it stream the last item ok?

have you run an abm scan? are you getting bbc1 SD OK

i bought the CWS line of a friend yesterday, and ive asked him and he says the line is fully working on his end, he said the line isnt showing any activity or use on it which makes me think my box isnt connecting to it.
i bought a C: test line this morning and its same as above. The seller is saying the line is working but my box isnt connecting to it.
He may have supplied satellite lines, not cable lines, you need a cable line for VM.
have you scanned for channels in autobouquetmaker?

Ive pressed green and restarted the cam many times, still no ecm info. Yes the network test is all green ticks. Box is connected to the internet because i can access it via the ip 192.168 etc and through filezilla.
that only means it is connected to your router, it does not confirm that it's connected to the internet.

Back