Nvidia shield 1st gen

-Boss-

Hey guys and gals, a while back I got the nvidia shield when it was released.
I was very happy with this and to be honest it has served me well. I have even put off buying the newer models as it still ran fine.
I use tivimate for my IPTV as the quick snappiness of tivimate made for a better experience. Plus with the paid for tivimate I can hide categories and channels.
Anyway it’s now time I’m thinking of updating my hardware.
I have been thinking about either the new nvidia shield pro or a box dedicated IPTV box like formula or a mag box.
I have never had one of the other boxes and wanted to know would my IPTV experience be better on one of the boxes or should I just upgrade my nvidia shield.

Hey guys and gals, a while back I got the nvidia shield when it was released.
I was very happy with this and to be honest it has served me well. I have even put off buying the newer models as it still ran fine.
I use tivimate for my IPTV as the quick snappiness of tivimate made for a better experience. Plus with the paid for tivimate I can hide categories and channels.
Anyway it’s now time I’m thinking of updating my hardware.
I have been thinking about either the new nvidia shield pro or a box dedicated IPTV box like formula or a mag box.
I have never had one of the other boxes and wanted to know would my IPTV experience be better on one of the boxes or should I just upgrade my nvidia shield.
Stay away from mag boxes. They won't be of any use by next year

No mate just mags android based ones are fine! Mag boxes good for local swimming baths if short on black bricks they use for first time swimmers getting there underwater safety badge or clay pigeon shooting range will have market for the new and used devices
No vpn can be added by app and also have trouble playing certain movie files and a lot of old models are discontinued for software updates
Also a lot providers don’t be support latest models and also dont like giving out server url.
Better devices to use than these now in my opinion
But formuler z8 or GTV is the best device by far as dedicated device for Iptv in my diary book recommended by my provider and i use one now and never looked back
But shield is definitely one other I’d use also if formuler went on strike lol

No mate just mags android based ones are fine! Mag boxes good for local swimming baths if short on black bricks they use for first time swimmers getting there underwater safety badge or clay pigeon shooting range will have market for the new and used devices
No vpn can be added by app and also have trouble playing certain movie files and a lot of old models are discontinued for software updates
Also a lot providers don’t be support latest models and also dont like giving out server url.
Better devices to use than these now in my opinion
But formuler z8 or GTV is the best device by far as dedicated device for Iptv in my diary book recommended by my provider and i use one now and never looked back
But shield is definitely one other I’d use also if formuler went on strike lol
I have been torn about these formula boxes for ages but finding hands on content of how it looks and feels seems hard. Can you put your own apps on it like the shield? I just don’t want to regret getting it instead of the new shield lol

I have been torn about these formula boxes for ages but finding hands on content of how it looks and feels seems hard. Can you put your own apps on it like the shield? I just don’t want to regret getting it instead of the new shield lol
Some huge features on the newer nvidia boxes and as you say its been faultless. The best on the market so stick with them.

Some huge features on the newer nvidia boxes and as you say its been faultless. The best on the market so stick with them.
I will probably stick with the shield but it’s always been in the back of my mind that am I missing something lol

I will probably stick with the shield but it’s always been in the back of my mind that am I missing something lol
Only thing you will be missing is that new shield if you get anything else. Best on the market one million percent Huge thread on here about the best boxes and it comes out on top every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely missing something as shields not dedicated Iptv device
You can add any app you like but as it’s own dedicated app for it called mytvonlie app
both good devices I’ve used both but prefer formuler box but each to there own I guess!
They both have there own advantages same question comes up most weeks and both devices are spoke like true gods

Definitely missing something as shields not dedicated Iptv device
You can add any app you like but as it’s own dedicated app for it called mytvonlie app
both good devices I’ve used both but prefer formuler box but each to there own I guess!
They both have there own advantages same question comes up most weeks and both devices are spoke like true gods
No such thing as a dedicated IPTV box it is a android box with the makers app preinstalled.

No such thing as a dedicated IPTV box it is a android box with the makers app preinstalled.
Whats a magbox then mike if its not a dedicated iptv box ????? Come on son this is not a question that involves calculators :LOL: Forget the account bit

Whats a magbox then mike if its not a dedicated iptv box ????? Come on son this is not a question that involves calculators :LOL: Forget the account bit
Probably was a argument a year ago. But they are about as much use as a doorstep now. But i certainly would not call a formuler, buzz or a sheild a dedicated IPTV box.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha i knew you’d comment on that but yeah it’s the app the dedicated remote and also as it’s purpose is for Iptv and now with android tv also. Some have come close to making the mytvonline app but nothing compares to the real deal no doubt about that. Also remote is awesome, the shields got loads extras but what for not Iptv and the remote struggles to map buttons on certain Iptv apps.
The GTV is one on itself
Unbelievable Android TV OS, MOL2
You can tweak other android devices to the same as other android devices for less money!
The new remote is universal so maybe can use on shield now and have a good remote for it lol
But I’d use any but I’m not paying extra dollar for a gaming device when I’m using for Iptv
But thats me but we have same debate or whatever on these devices but I’d use a shield if some brought it and I didn’t have the heart to say I’d preferred that formuler GTV as it’s dedicated for Iptv and I’d rather had Xbox tbh for gaming lol

Hahahahahaha i knew you’d comment on that but yeah it’s the app the dedicated remote and also as it’s purpose is for Iptv and now with android tv also. Some have come close to making the mytvonline app but nothing compares to the real deal no doubt about that. Also remote is awesome, the shields got loads extras but what for not Iptv and the remote struggles to map buttons on certain Iptv apps.
The GTV is one on itself
Unbelievable Android TV OS, MOL2
You can tweak other android devices to the same as other android devices for less money!
The new remote is universal so maybe can use on shield now and have a good remote for it lol
But I’d use any but I’m not paying extra dollar for a gaming device when I’m using for Iptv
But thats me but we have same debate or whatever on these devices but I’d use a shield if some brought it and I didn’t have the heart to say I’d preferred that formuler GTV as it’s dedicated for Iptv and I’d rather had Xbox tbh for gaming lol
The remote for the sheild is as good as the formuler one it can do pretty much the same if you set it up. And what can't be set up you can use voice control.

The TIVIMATE app is the best one out there in my opinion although you do have to pay.

On these so called dedicated IPTV boxes. Not one has AI upscailing and most don't even have match frame rate.

I can use my Tv remote on the sheild but after using the sheild remote it feels a bit clunky.

The great upside for the formuler boxes is you can get a usb tuner for the mytvonline app then you can just watch evrething via the box itself.

Back