Nvidia Shield or Formuler Z10 Pro max

kayum91

So i’ve been a formuler box user for about 2 years now and have recently upgraded from Z8 to Z10 Pro Max. I am big fan of the whole MOL2 setup with a proper remote.
I know alot of people recommend a shield and say its the best box so I finally decided to try one out.

I used it with tivimate and didn’t notice any quality difference compared to the Z10. Tried the AI upscaling which looked okay but didnt work on alot of my UK channels.
I then ran plex and it ran smoothly the same as on my Z10 box. All 4k streams worked perfect on both.
These are main two things I use my Z10 box for and both boxes do it well.
I literally tried the shield for a few hours, am I using it propely? or should I just stick with my formuler box for my needs?

If it's mainly for IPTV then formuler is perfectly fine. Nvidia shield is more than what most people need. Shield is full android TV so has ability to do many more things e.g gaming, full native android TV apps. If you have a smart TV your TV remote should work with the shield.

AS above , if you "game" then its the shield , if like me you watch a lot of IPTV , then the formuler wins hands down . The app itself is great but for me the integration between the app and the formuler remote is the game changer. dedicated one click buttons on the remote , for "groups'" , "guide" , "VOD" , "record" , "pause" , "rewind" , etc. Plus all the Bloatware on the shield launcher is a. downer , the formuler has none of that crap.

FFS the Shield dont upscale properly :LOL:

Site joke mate dont worry :tearsofjoy:
Don’t set moshi off ffs.

But as others have posted it solely for iptv then stick with formuler.
If you want the likes of Netflix in 4k ect then go with the shield bud.
Although most providers has everything Netflix has some would just buy the shield for the upscaling and the ram and can handle everything.

I’ve moved my shield to the bedroom and the upscaling is working great. The shield is enhancing all 1080p content to 4K and my 10 year old Sony downscales it back to 1080p 😝
Processed twice, I bet the ball judder looks stunning though :ROFLMAO:

Streaming apps such as netflix any different on the shield? The built in app in my sony tv plays all of them in dolby vision/ hdr etc.
I can also control my formuler with my sony remote so dont even need the formuler remote.
I probably stick with the formuler for my needs. The shield seems overkill for my needs lol

If you're really happy with your formuler then there's not a lot a shield will provided you with to change your mind tbh.

The upscaling is pretty redundant on my shield as all SS are in FHD 50fps and there's also Main Event Ultra HDR, and there's always good quality foreign channels showing most football matches. Netflix is noticeably better through the shield than the app on the TV though.

The gaming aspect of a shield is neither here nor there for someone who buys it for streaming TV, you remove it from the home screen and it never crosses your mind again.

The standout benefit of the Shield, for me personally, is that it made by a leading company. You're guaranteed to get updates/support etc. from Nvidia. Dare I say it, a sort of Apple like customer service :laughing:

Disclaimer: I have not used a Z10 or any other Formuler box so cannot say one is better than the other.

If you're really happy with your formuler then there's not a lot a shield will provided you with to change your mind tbh.

The upscaling is pretty redundant on my shield as all SS are in FHD 50fps and there's also Main Event Ultra HDR, and there's always good quality foreign channels showing most football matches. Netflix is noticeably better through the shield than the app on the TV though.

The gaming aspect of a shield is neither here nor there for someone who buys it for streaming TV, you remove it from the home screen and it never crosses your mind again.
But is it true hdr 🤣🤣🤣 where your tv auto detects your watching uhd.
A few providers supposedly claim to have it but as of Thursday night there was only 5 providers that had it

But is it true hdr 🤣🤣🤣 where your tv auto detects your watching uhd.
A few providers supposedly claim to have it but as of Thursday night there was only 5 providers that had it
Gave

Ooh wait streaming services are better on shield?
Whats the difference as I checked the bitrate my built in app does and its maximum.

Streaming apps such as netflix any different on the shield? The built in app in my sony tv plays all of them in dolby vision/ hdr etc.
I can also control my formuler with my sony remote so dont even need the formuler remote.
I probably stick with the formuler for my needs. The shield seems overkill for my needs lol
Is your Sony TV with android built in? Then you can even use that as media hub for playback

Back