Nvidia Shield tv

Daughter just insisted my three kids ( when I say kids , youngest is 35 ) , buy me the Nvidia TV for xmas ,they wanted to get the pro but I don't game and am not interested in anything 4K , but the upscaling from SD and 720 has me buzzing.
Happy days .

Daughter just insisted my three kids ( when I say kids , youngest is 35 ) , buy me the Nvidia TV for xmas ,they wanted to get the pro but I don't game and am not interested in anything 4K , but the upscaling from SD and 720 has me buzzing.
Happy days .
Remember you need a 4k tv for any upscalling to work.

Happy days .

I won't be getting the pro either. I've read people say you might as well spend the £50 extra for the pro, but I can't see anything that the pro does to warrant me spending £50 more on it.

Ram is not that important for iptv 4k streaming etc. The only reason it may come into play is if you want to use the sheild as a plex server. I have not come across a game that will not play.
Extra ram mate with the pro and if you can afford the extra 50 quid then u mayswell get that IMO

Ram is not that important for iptv 4k streaming etc. The only reason it may come into play is if you want to use the sheild as a plex server. I have not come across a game that will not play.
Each to their own mate, my opinion is for 50 quid I went and always would go for the pro, its not a serious amount of money for the pro version.

Each to their own mate, my opinion is for 50 quid I went and always would go for the pro, its not a serious amount of money for the pro version.

Yeah the £50 isn't an issue at all apart from the fact it might as well be sat in my bank as sat in the hardware of an iptv box that I don't need it to be in :blush: I have no plans to run a plex server or use it for gaming, it's literally for streaming only so I'll keep my £50 I think

Yeah the £50 isn't an issue at all apart from the fact it might as well be sat in my bank as sat in the hardware of an iptv box that I don't need it to be in :blush: I have no plans to run a plex server or use it for gaming, it's literally for streaming only so I'll keep my £50 I think
Yeah your not wrong mate, 50 quid is 50 quid, I would just rather the pro, only because of the extra bit of ram, but I 100% see why people will not pay the 50

Running your own plex server or just generally a plex server? I would imagine if the normal shield version could handle plex.

Yes it can handle the plex streaming app. The plex server is where everything is hosted.

I dont know if there is some sort of shortage going on again. They are going for quite high prices on ebay at the moment. The control alone is selling for £60

I dont know if there is some sort of shortage going on again. They are going for quite high prices on ebay at the moment. The control alone is selling for £60
Cost me £60 for games controller off amazon I havnt even tested iptv on mine yet ffs lol

I have my own plex server , running on an old iMac , so the shield will only need the client app. You had me going about the TV , just tested a 4k 60fps youtube video and it ran smoothly with zero dropped frames.

I have my own plex server , running on an old iMac , so the shield will only need the client app. You had me going about the TV , just tested a 4k 60fps youtube video and it ran smoothly with zero dropped frames.
As i said before for the little i download mainly the older stuff i have a seedbox and is linked to kodi. At the end of the day there are loads of ways of streaming your content you just need to pick whats best for you. Although i am thinking of adding the plex server to my seedbox it is a bit of a pain using kodi.

As i said before for the little i download mainly the older stuff i have a seedbox and is linked to kodi. At the end of the day there are loads of ways of streaming your content you just need to pick whats best for you. Although i am thinking of adding the plex server to my seedbox it is a bit of a pain using kodi.
Am a big kodi fan , and normally link my my plex , server into kodi using the addon "plexkodiconnect" , but recently plex added a feature "skip intro" which kodi doesnt have and its great when binging on a series, those with long intros e.g. GOT, you clk skip and the video starts straight into the action. One of my subs , starstreams, has a really good kodi addon and a virtually unusable android apk, so thats now the only thing am using kodi for atm.
I never figured out how add a seedbox when I had one into kodi , I used to use pvr client in kodi for my iptv but these days ,
A. Most providers are reluctant to give out m3u amd xml files .
B. The size of the channel lists now with loads of VOD and foreign "groups", ( too much mess on I suppose for providers to cull the lists) are so big that they take too long to load and are too big for pvr to handle in my experience .

Last edited:
Adding a seedbox to kodi is fairly simple. All you do is go into file manager add server ip, usr name and password. then restart go back into file manager you should see your seed box adress click on it all your stuff will come up.

Back