Octagon SF8008 Initial Setup

Drox

TK Veteran
I picked up an Octagon SF8008 the other day and just setting it up at the moment.

Is it just the epg data and recordings that I should be saving on a usb disc rather than the internal memory? Or should I be saving other things like plug-ins, downloads etc there too?

Recordings, timeshift, epg, picons and swap file. (swap not really required though).
Everyone will have their own ideas though but that's what I use the usb for.

Plugins imo should be in the flash having them on usb with flash expander or similar causes lag using them. The 8008 has more than enough space for plugins.

You can download oscam from the plugin feeds on most images OpenATV needs the softcam feed installing though.

They may not be the latest version on the softcam feed but the updates to Oscam lately wont make much difference if your client only.

You can download oscam from the plugin feeds on most images OpenATV needs the softcam feed installing though.

They may not be the latest version on the softcam feed but the updates to Oscam lately wont make much difference if your client only.
I just use the ones from feed now on another forum far to many versions about updates every other day by far to many people.

You see the thing there is Vu= reliability owned many models and still have an old duo2 they just go on and on.

I'll flip a coin at the time.
As a novice who had only used zgemma hs2 and zgemma h9 combo I had to make choice between Vu+Duo 4k SE and the Gigablue UHD quad 4k went with the gigablue was still cheaper even when adding extra tuners and hard drive than the VU. was going to buy the zgemma h7s great box but I did really like the FBC tuner option on both machines, I have also noticed even though broadcom chipset is older and only duel proccessor on the gigablue it will record anything even iptv without having to change to (DVB) 1 on zgemma combo it would crash on old zgemma hs2 no problem different chipset again.

But as alway still learning and thats what forums are about to share information :smiley:

5ECAB04F-594A-4F05-B928-AC64F5F8D7F6.jpeg
Any ideas on how to get past that? It’s connected through the same wire that my Viark is.

Do I need to do any octagon specific firmware updates? I’ve seen them around, posting a few updates for their various boxes.

Do I rename kernel.bin to usb_update.bin and then flash?

I tried that, but now the box seems to be stuck in "NECO" mode when I try to flash.

Box still boots up as normal.

There are 2 different files depending on how you flash.
The recovery one is for flashing by USB and the Mmc is for flashing using the Image Manager.

1641325583254.png

Dumb question, how I do flash using the multiboot slots on open atv 7.2? I'm sure I messed it up last time and ended up flashing in slot 1 instead.

Thanks

Try this, go menu setup software management flash online , the menu that appears is for openatv and this is just a demo so dont action, select open7.3 current press ok select image that says 20230910 ie top one press ok and ... wait now you see all the slots available, note the current one will be highlighted as a warning, use arrow to select a slot ect. BUT just go to no dont flash and press ok. Now see menu and yellow button should say distribution , press it and .. you get all the images you would want. Say openvix select it and as above the slots will appear and that is how you use multiboot.

But I'm using Unose4k and a sly skin.

If above does not work report back.

Dumb question, how I do flash using the multiboot slots on open atv 7.2? I'm sure I messed it up last time and ended up flashing in slot 1 instead.

Thanks
All in do is download a image to a usb stick for arguments sake OpenPLI

Leave the downloaded image in zip format .

Insert the usb stick

Menu-Setup-Software management-Flash online

Tehn go to the downloaded images select pli press ok then choose a slot

All in do is download a image to a usb stick for arguments sake OpenPLI

Leave the downloaded image in zip format .

Insert the usb stick

Menu-Setup-Software management-Flash online

Tehn go to the downloaded images select pli press ok then choose a slot
Hi Ferret, you able to offer some help with getting a biss keys working for me?

Back