Octagon sf8008 on Open Atv 7.3 will not reboot without turning off and on.

Brand new SF8008 4k, flashed with latest 7.3 Open Atv...got to the end of the online flash then said rebooting in 3 seconds. It did not... so I had to turn off and on at the power switch.
Now when I try to reboot with the remote it does not. I have to turn off at the back power switch.

I tried backing up and flashing again with today's Open Atv build but the same happens.
Anyone else had this? Could be an issue with the new 7.3? I used the HDD and USB stick from my old Zgemma which had old backups on there...maybe it's that but an update of flash should not hang like this?

Last edited:
Update...still not resolved. I removed both the 8GB USB stick and my 2TB SSD...then the box reboots ok.
Re formatted 8gb stick...all fine still does reboot. Then added 2tb ssd in the back socket. Does not reboot. Re formatted SSD...still will not reboot.

solved... I think.
What I did was move the 2tb SSD to the side usb socket...which is USB 3.0. Now it reboots.
I have discarded the old 8gb USB stick completely and set EPG and recordings to go to SSD (HDD).
I will try back ups and reflashes in due course and also may add a USB stick in the back, a brand new one...at a later date but seems to me it will run better just with the SSD in the side slot going forward.

Thanks, well yeah...it's a great box and really enjoying it so far. Can watch and record Freeview, Freesat and thousands of IPTV channels all for £100 plus a sub....and an old hard drive... Plus you have a new hobby, figuring it all out! ;-)
It's thanks to sites like this one and the people here like KiddaC making apps and extensions, that so many people can still use and enjoy these E2 boxes.

Back