Only free channels working

Hi, I have been using a line from a member here for a couple of years. I've often had freezing issues and sometimes it takes forever to load a channel but a couple of days ago all channels wont load and show a black screen besides the free ones. Channel 1, 3 and 4 work but channel 2 HD and 5 HD dont. I've got a test line from someone else and it also doesnt work.

My box is a Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus
Settings > Information > Abourt = Virtuosso Image Xtreme by Team ViX 5.2.032 (release)
Software Update shows "OpenViX 5.2.045 is the last of the 5.2 series. There are no more updates after 5.2.045.

Tuner setup has the Sky tuner disabled. The two DCB-C tuners are enabled with:
Net ID: 00000
Used service scan type: Provider
Region: Virgin Media UK (All Systems)
Force legacy signal stats: no

ABM Provider is set up as:
Region: 00008 Nottingham
- FTA Only: No
- Create Main Bouquets: Yes
- Everything else: No

Scanning through ABM shows:
Reading Virgin UK 0 video 0 radio
then
Bouquets generation
Services 350, 38 Radio

The channel list appears to be correct but none of them work. Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Hi, I have been using a line from a member here for a couple of years. I've often had freezing issues and sometimes it takes forever to load a channel but a couple of days ago all channels wont load and show a black screen besides the free ones. Channel 1, 3 and 4 work but channel 2 HD and 5 HD dont. I've got a test line from someone else and it also doesnt work.

My box is a Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus
Settings > Information > Abourt = Virtuosso Image Xtreme by Team ViX 5.2.032 (release)
Software Update shows "OpenViX 5.2.045 is the last of the 5.2 series. There are no more updates after 5.2.045.

Tuner setup has the Sky tuner disabled. The two DCB-C tuners are enabled with:
Net ID: 00000
Used service scan type: Provider
Region: Virgin Media UK (All Systems)
Force legacy signal stats: no

ABM Provider is set up as:
Region: 00008 Nottingham
- FTA Only: No
- Create Main Bouquets: Yes
- Everything else: No

Scanning through ABM shows:
Reading Virgin UK 0 video 0 radio
then
Bouquets generation
Services 350, 38 Radio

The channel list appears to be correct but none of them work. Can anyone advise?
Thanks
Where did you put the line?
C lines go in cccam.cfg in etc folder, CWS lines go in newcamd.list in usr.keys folder
Make sure you restart the softcam for the line in use.
Also check the box is connected to the Internet

Where did you put the line?
C lines go in cccam.cfg in etc folder, CWS lines go in newcamd.list in usr.keys folder
Make sure you restart the softcam for the line in use.
Also check the box is connected to the Internet

Thanks. The process I followed was.. i put the CWS text in a newcamd.list file in usr/keys. I disabled and reenabled the mgcam 1.38.

the network test only confirms the box is connecting to your router.

Put the box into deep standby and then reboot your router. Once the router is back online turn the box back on

I have the box connected to a powerline adapter by ethernet. I also have an android box connected to the same adapter which is working fine. I've swapped the Ethernet cables around but no change. I'm wondering if the router is somehow many blocking the ports required for the box? Is that possible? It's a superhub I believe. We've not changed it for a year or so. I could factory reset the box but I don't know how and it might be taking a rocket launcher to an ant. I feel like even if I did that it wouldn't work since the settings all seem fine to me.

How can I work out if it's actually getting an internet connection? It shows BBC one fine but I don't know if that's a good indicator. If I use the Network Wizard it says click ok to start configuring your network. Doing so shows use interface : yes and use dhcp: yes. Clicking on again says your internet connection is working now. Still no HD channels or VM ones

If the line is a 24h test line it may have expired.
To test the connection, go to plugins. Press green and see if you can download a plugin
You can remove it later if it downloads

Thanks. I used download plugins and installed blue ray extension. It appears to have installed so my internet is working. I've emailed the line provider to ensure it's still on. Will post when he replies. Is there anything wrong with my settings above?

What's the correct method to update a line?
I did this..
Left line active
FTP logged into the box
Copied a newcamd.list file with the line info inside to use/keys.
Exited FileZilla
Disabled softcam mgcamd 1.38 on box
Enabled it again
Restarted box.

What other files are in usr/keys folder?
There should be one called mg_cfg
This is required if the line is to work.
Go to softcam setup
Make suRe mgcamd is in active cam
Click restart softcam

I only have the two files in the usr/keys folder. mg_cfg and newcamd.list
In sofcam settings in the box I'm restarting the mgcam 1.38. I've tried stopping it and starting it again. No change.
I really don't understand. I asked the supplier of one of the lines whether he noticed me connecting yesterday and he said it showed offline. But given that I can download a plug that doesn't tell me anything. I'm wondering if VM have somehow blocked some of my key router ports for this to work maybe?

No, if the Internet is working to the box, the line will clear, if it's a valid line.
What box is it?
What image is on it?

EDIT
Just read the first post.
You say thetes 2 dvb/c tuners?
Try disabling one and restart the softcam
If no joy, Re enable it and disable the other cable tuner and try the softcam again

Last edited:
Its a Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus. I tried looking for the image information but all I can find is:
Main Menu > Information > About = Image: 5.2.032 (Release)
It says Virtuosso Image Xtreme by Team ViX at the top.

Setup > System > Software Update says:
"OpenViX 5.2.045 is the last of the 5.2 series. There are no more updates after 5.2.045. You will have to flash/install newer image. Using image manager is the simplest method. You can restore settings and plugins." Theres a couple links for support and asks if I want to continue.

Its a Technomate Nano SE M2 Plus. I tried looking for the image information but all I can find is:
Main Menu > Information > About = Image: 5.2.032 (Release)
It says Virtuosso Image Xtreme by Team ViX at the top.

Setup > System > Software Update says:
"OpenViX 5.2.045 is the last of the 5.2 series. There are no more updates after 5.2.045. You will have to flash/install newer image. Using image manager is the simplest method. You can restore settings and plugins." Theres a couple links for support and asks if I want to continue.
Read my edit in the post above, also did you update provider files in autobouquetmaker menu then scan for channels

Okay ill give that a shot. I clicked Yes to the update and backed it up. Trying to use software update through that just in case it's an image issue. I did click Update Providers in ABM and it said it doesnt need an update. Scanning doesnt shows 0 services for video but then a few seconds later it shows 350 bouquet generation. It seems to load the bouquets as the channel lists appear with showtimes indicating what is on now and coming next etc. But channels are still black.

Okay it's on 5.2.045 (Release) now. No change. Ive updated provider files again and it updated. Rescanned ABM and it still shows 350 bouquets but no channels are showing besides the 1-5 non HD ones

Im using the default mg_cam file with the test line I have from my previous provider who sent it to me an hour ago

Sorry, I disabled Tuner C and enabled B alone with a Net ID of 00008 for Nottingham with Virgin Media UK (all systems). Re-scanned ABM but no joy. I did it for Tuner C as well and disabled B but the same result.

Back