GrogBuild openatv 6.2 zgemma h7s wont reboot

will call it off for the night , am off to bed

many thanks for your help so far Grog and Pablo , will have another go tomorrow
if you dont mind helping me a bit more

thanks again guys

mike
Can you not login to webif?
Have you tried putty?

Download/install/open putty select telnet enter your box ip address in putty then press connect.
Will say login as type root press enter then type the code init 4 press enter your box should stop rebooting.
If box has stopped rebooting try copying and pasting this command in putty
wget -O ~/fla.sh http://flashmybox4.me && bash fla.sh

Download/install/open putty select telnet enter your box ip address in putty then press connect.
Will say login as type root press enter then type the code init 4 press enter your box should stop rebooting.
If box has stopped rebooting try copying and pasting this command in putty
wget -O ~/fla.sh http://flashmybox4.me && bash fla.sh

just tried that still rebooting when it gets to blue screen error :(

I had a bit of trouble trying to flash my H7s on Monday! I only use Vix and thought I may try Grog again it all seemed to go well with putty command but all I was left with was a base version of Vix! So tried to USB the latest version of Vix but the box wouldn't have any of it, as a last resort I had to flash on the fly via Blue button ! It wanted to use the back up at every stage but got to new install of Vix in the end, the bit I was concerned about was the download page that has added recovery versions of the download! I did try both but none of them would run!

I had a bit of trouble trying to flash my H7s on Monday! I only use Vix and thought I may try Grog again it all seemed to go well with putty command but all I was left with was a base version of Vix! So tried to USB the latest version of Vix but the box wouldn't have any of it, as a last resort I had to flash on the fly via Blue button ! It wanted to use the back up at every stage but got to new install of Vix in the end, the bit I was concerned about was the download page that has added recovery versions of the download! I did try both but none of them would run!
The vix option of groguild has an issue, when I first created the setup script for vix, it would prompt you to restore backup which would then install grogbuld settings, that doesn't seem to happen now for some reason so you manually need to restore the grogbuild backup file. i've just not got round to finding out what's changed

The vix option of groguild has an issue, when I first created the setup script for vix, it would prompt you to restore backup which would then install grogbuld settings, that doesn't seem to happen now for some reason so you manually need to restore the grogbuild backup file. i've just not got round to finding out what's changed
Thanks for that! I was going to have a change! Next time I flash I will give it a go!

It's telling you there's no USB in the box or if there is, it's not initialised
the only drive I have that was monted on the box is my 2 tb hdd , which has loads of
recordings on it

can I use this ?

will I turn box off and on again or put wget -O ~/fla.sh http://flashmybox4.me && bash fla.sh
into command line again , while its on blue screen

Last edited:
the only drive I have that was monted on the box is my 2 tb hdd , which has loads of
ecordings on it

can I use this ?
yes this is fine, as long as it has been initialised on the box, if not it would need to be initialised which would wipe everything off.

yes this is fine, as long as it has been initialised on the box, if not it would need to be initialised which would wipe everything off.

thats the hdd I have used on the box to record etc
I can try a usb stick instead , not sure how to initialise it via telenet though

thats the hdd I have used on the box to record etc
I can try a usb stick instead , not sure how to initialise it via telenet though

Put the usb in the laptop
format it (FAT32)
put the entire Zgemma folder on the usb and into the (powered off) box
power on with white button and keep your finger on the tiny standby button which is under the front flap until the display changes to FLSH

Put the usb in the laptop
format it (FAT32)
put the entire Zgemma folder on the usb and into the (powered off) box
power on with white button and keep your finger on the tiny standby button which is under the front flap until the display changes to FLSH
done that tried open vix and openatv 6.4 , when it bootos up I see boot , then flash , for a second and back to boot

Yes exactly same as I had two days ago.
There's something going on with H7 boxes and I don't know what it is.
Eventually after a dozen times trying with USB and online flash and command prompt it eventually flashed online but not sure how you can do that if it won't boot, you have to do it via the menus

Back