openATV image?

We all have to start somewhere for some will be a struggle for others a walk in the park it does get frustrating on members when giving the best advice possible and gets frustrating for end user trying to process the advice given @channelking me and @woody6222 has both offered to sort your box out for you the offer still stands or we can try our best to guide you take what @pabloescaban how ever you wish mate he's no bully just trying to get the matter resolved for you that's Pablo for you no offence Pablo I'm not sticking up for him but take a minute to go through this thread and re read what people has posted to help so they are going to get frustrated when all advice is on this thread

@channelking ...Be precise in the help you need and make sure the terminology you use is the norm for the forum.
Listen to the advice and act on it as you have a habit of ignoring and starting another thread on the same subject.

@pabloescaban ..Help members and if you feel exasperated then ignore the thread and move on to something else !
Banter is fine but is not seen the same by everybody.
You are well aware of members who often struggle on here so refrain from passing comments other than offering help !

my comments were not meant as a slur or insult, I think the OP would be wise to seek help elsewhere as this forum is not suitable for his needs
but we all often think the same about you sometimes. some people need more help than others and it gets frustrating sometimes but if we don't want to help someone any longer we just ignoreb their posts.

Use usb to flash.

But things which you have to install on ATV you would do manually via plugins?

I think ATV on its own should be ok.

Seen thread of grog build and woosh build but unfortunately seems Very complicated to add their builds on top.

Softcams will need the softam feeds to be installed manually on ATV before you can install them via plugins, unlike vix they do not form part of the ATV feeds

@pabloescaban ...You just can't help yourself can you !
The last and final word on this forum will ALWAYS BE THE ADMIN !
Keep your comments to yourself otherwise you won't have the option of ANY COMMENTS !!

Just been trying to flash grogs build but having some issues.

Seems never had option to enter Net ID.

Also I am getting this error "cannot flash kernel, because no kernel file was found"

Anyone advise please. TV screen is black now.

Just been trying to flash grogs build but having some issues.

Seems never had option to enter Net ID.

Also I am getting this error "cannot flash kernel, because no kernel file was found"

Anyone advise please. TV screen is black now.
what was installed on your box before you tried grogbuild freerange?

If the box is booting up, you could try flashing latest ATV via flash online on the box and then try again

Have vix installed and couple plugins nothing else.

If problems with build for me may just flash ATV on its own and then manually install other things required.

Assuming your receiver is still operational...

Download your preferred image to PC.
Using FTP, transfer zipped image file to /media/HDD/imagebackups
Using ImageManager, flash the image
(Blue, Vix, ImageManager)

Without intending to cause offence, Wooshbuild and Grogbuild are not images. You cannot flash them.

They are very useful and helpful customisations you apply on top of images.

Apologies if incorrect. Please correct as required.

Without intending to cause offence, Wooshbuild and Grogbuild are not images. You cannot flash them.

I thought they was builds not images and open atv vix ect was images lol

I thought there builds were what was on top of the main image like VIX or ATV and required both VIX and ATV for builds to work. Probably wrong though.

Didnt know you could flash image via FTP as always done via USB.

I thought there builds were what was on top of the main image like VIX or ATV and required both VIX and ATV for builds to work. Probably wrong though.

you are right, builds are basically plugins/skins and settings that are added to Vix or ATV. You dont use both, just one or the other. With wooshbuild you flash ATV and then install his setup plugin that then does the setup, with Grogbuild you enter your settings and then it attempts to flash ATV or VIx and uses your settings to set the box up.

You cannot flash by FTP. You transfer files by FTP. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol

The fact that you can flash without USB is mentioned on the forum very frequently. .All these methods use a plugin called ofgwrite. It is already on images so users do not need to think about it.

You can flash using Grog's script. ATV version on link below as Vix is no newer images for you.
Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

Almost all images have a a function to flash images withing the GUI.
Vix have "Image Manager". On newere ViX images, you can even specify what image to download, not just Vix.
OpenATV has "flash online", the online is misleading as you can flash offline too.
OpenPLI have "Flash Image"

Here is a Video from 2014 of Vix's Image manager
Blue Button > Vix > Image Manager > Select image > Blue (Flash/Restore)

you are right, builds are basically plugins/skins and settings that are added to Vix or ATV. You dont use both, just one or the other. With wooshbuild you flash ATV and then install his setup plugin that then does the setup, with Grogbuild you enter your settings and then it attempts to flash ATV or VIx and uses your settings to set the box up.

So in effect builds offer more in terms of settings etc than the normal image does I guess.

You cannot flash by FTP. You transfer files by FTP. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol

The fact that you can flash without USB is mentioned on the forum very frequently. .All these methods use a plugin called ofgwrite. It is already on images so users do not need to think about it.

You can flash using Grog's script. ATV version on link below as Vix is no newer images for you.
Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

Almost all images have a a function to flash images withing the GUI.
Vix have "Image Manager". On newere ViX images, you can even specify what image to download, not just Vix.
OpenATV has "flash online", the online is misleading as you can flash offline too.
OpenPLI have "Flash Image"

Here is a Video from 2014 of Vix's Image manager
Blue Button > Vix > Image Manager > Select image > Blue (Flash/Restore)

Sorry what I meant was didnt know other methods for flashing just USB one.

Thanks for this way.

Sorry what I meant was didnt know other methods for flashing just USB one.

Always just thought USB way was easier.

Thanks for this way.

May I suggest the following:

Create a restore point should things go awry:

1. Create a settings backup
Blue Button > Vix > Backup Manager > Green Button (New Backup)

2. Create an image backup,
Blue Button > Vix > Image Manager > Green Button (New Backup)

3. To stop dragging this thread on like the others. Ask someone you trust to help you remotely.

Install the following prior to the person connecting to you

Install Putty on PC
Code:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Install Filezilla client on PC
Code:
https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64

Install Notepad++ on PC
Code:
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

Install Team Viewer on PC
Code:
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

Just flashed to latest atv image.

But when turned box on it just is stuck at open ATV screen but doesn't go past it.

Plus box just says booting

Really concerned have I bricked the box? I followed instructions exactly when flashing.

All tv screen is doing is flashing on and off with open ATV logo now.

Keeps saying 480p input don't understand as HDMI is inserted.

I got latest version from today in terms of image for box off ATV website also.

Which instructions did you follow?

What happens if you start it in console mode?

init 4 && enigma2

Attach the file called "settings" in etc/enigma2 here. You will need to zip it before you can attach to forum.

I suspect you selected the RCA display output.

I have no idea what you mean.

I followed instructions on vix guide as to flashing which is similar for ATV I assume.

Like i said just flashed. Turned box off and on. Them just has open ATV screen showing on a loop. Does not go past that nor have i setup anything or been able to change settings.

Box is messed up. Why am i surprised i knew something like this would happen.

Back