openATV image?

I have no idea what you mean.

I followed instructions on vix guide as to flashing which is similar for ATV I assume.

Like i said just flashed. Turned box off and on. Them just has open ATV screen showing on a loop. Does not go past that nor have i setup anything or been able to change settings.

Box is messed up. Why am i surprised i knew something like this would happen.
I would re flash box again and select hdmi setting will go from 720/1080/1080i/ or be easier to use putty and just flash with grogs free range build will ask you a few questions select our net I.D. If not known a member will probably say enter it sit back have a brew and let it all install

I would re flash box again and select hdmi setting will go from 720/1080/1080i/ or be easier to use putty and just flash with grogs free range build will ask you a few questions select our net I.D. If not known a member will probably say enter it sit back have a brew and let it all install

I have reflashed multiple times but stuck at atv screen. Doesn't go past that. So can't select HDMI setting.

Will flashing grog build even work if stuck on open ATV screen and doesn't go past that screen?

I have reflashed multiple times but stuck at atv screen. Doesn't go past that. So can't select HDMI setting.

Will flashing grog build even work if stuck on open ATV screen and doesn't go past that screen?
what is currently displayed on the led display on the box? do any of the buttons on the remote, ie menu button, do anything?

what is currently displayed on the led display on the box? do any of the buttons on the remote, ie menu button, do anything?

Nope despite pressing any button on remote it doesnt get past the openatv boot screen.

On box display just say booting but nothing actually happens.

Nope despite pressing any button on remote it doesnt get past the openatv boot screen.

On box display just say booting but nothing actually happens.
Try a different psu if you have one you havnt used the same USB for recordings to re flash your box have you

Weird: I flashed the OpenATV image using Image Manager and receiver booted fine. I flashed the image using USB and it got into the "booting" loop. I suppose the maximum size flashable by USB was exceeded.

My workaround was to flash Vix 5.2 045. Then use Image Manager to flash OpenATV 6.3. Basically the advice that was given previously.

Time for me to leave this thread. OP has options and solutions. Up to him which he uses.

Last edited:
I tried to flash to latest ATV image from old VIX image I already had. Sorry if I didnt follow your suggestion. I have just been used to flashing via USB over the years so stuck to that.

Also used 4gb usb to flash not sure if that exceeded limit.

Not sure what I did wrong but if you want to leave the thread that is your prerogative.

Try to flash with vix first. I format USB with this tool if I'm having USB issues but I always couch flash (flash local)
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/srzv79dkm7s3inx/smdk_fat322.zip?dl=0

If you successfully flash vix and want to try openatv try image manager as suggested here openATV image?

If you manage to flash the box and need help I can help you via teamviewer but probably only tonight or Sunday instructions for teamviewer here openATV image?

Just in case you missed what you need to do:

1. Flash openvix 5.2 045 by USB (This is smaller than the 96MB limit in bootloader. Your receiver will start working again)
2. After that that flash OpenATV using Image Manager/command line

If you can't do 2 ( instructions in previous post). Ask someone to help you remotely. There is nothing else that will fix it.

Managed to flash to latest version of 6.3 ATV

Tried to apply grog build but again have kernel error message.

Think might leave builds and just use main image just like it is.

Is it hard to find and install plugins, skins etc now?

No its not hard to install plugins and skins, most plugins are available via feeds skins depend on if you want a sky/virgin look or happy with the alternative skins in feeds.

Is there feeds section in ATV like VIX as tried to look but cant find it.

Was posted I believe you have to manually install the ipks.

Would have been better to have the build on top oh well.

I have followed this thread from the beginning, read all the posts including the comments & reactions, the lack of knowledge in how his box works & the terminology we use has been a cause of frustration for all. I recall myself when I 1st became interested in this stuff how long it took & how difficult it was to get to grips with things, even following what were deemed to be clear guides I still made plenty of errors along the way (which actually help me learn by my mistakes). Patients is a virtue.

I decided to try help as best I could & after couple of days worth of PM's we reluctantly gave up as messages are such a slow way to move things forward, all was not lost though as we did make some progress.... managed to get ATV 6.3 nightly to flash onto his box but is still having trouble running the script for grogbuild.

The system he has is a Technomate TM-Nano 3T which is not a system I know, when trying to run the script he gets a 'Kernel Not Found Error'

His preferred method of install would be a per-compiled build, as that would save him so much hassle/stress setting up when your not on top of the tech, as this wasn't working he considered completing his own build with only the basic plugins but once again it's very difficult to guide someone step by step via msg so we didn't continue & that's where we left things....a clean install of ATV 6.3 & a Kernel error when running script... does anyone know this system & is there some kind of variant to the Kernel on this system compared to others that could cause the error?

Technomate TM-Nano 3T
with Cable c/s sub
with Sat for free to air (i think)
no IPTV service as non required

A pre-build/backup image for him is only useful if he doesn't flash it by USB. You can't even flash a basic 6.3 image by USB

I'll try and install Grogbuild on my TM 3T combo and see how it goes and maybe I can provide some debug to help fix the issue.

Last edited:
Back