OpenATV setup

Hi guys. Need some help locating the OpenATV setup guide for ZGemma Start LC. I need to reflash it but it's been such a long time since last time i did it.

That will only run cable you know that yes
Yes, I know. Mine is just a cable box. I have has it for a few years but suddenly stopped working. Need to refresh it with OpenATV but can't find the setup info which is out there somewhere, as I used it last time round.

Yes, I know. Mine is just a cable box. I have has it for a few years but suddenly stopped working. Need to refresh it with OpenATV but can't find the setup info which is out there somewhere, as I used it last time round.
Use grogbuild freerange
Check the resources section
It asks you a few questions and flashes today's openatv image automatically
Choose default skin for the love of God otherwise that box will struggle from the outset

Use grogbuild freerange
Check the resources section
It asks you a few questions and flashes today's openatv image automatically
Choose default skin for the love of God otherwise that box will struggle from the outset
The LC will not handle grogbuild. Just the basic atv is all it will handle. Not even up to running iptv of any kind. Basic firmware and freewiew or cable

I flashed a few LC on teamviewer although that was last year. ..GB FR worked but maybe 6.4 more bloated now.
It's a shame really because antique boxes like this can still give years of cable viewing if only there was a streamlined bare-bones image to use. Most people using this type of device are struggling a bit otherwise they'd have bought a new device.
All it needs is abm, softcams, epg importer - nothing else needed. Maybe @grog68 could code a barebones?

I flashed a few LC on teamviewer although that was last year. ..GB FR worked but maybe 6.4 more bloated now.
It's a shame really because antique boxes like this can still give years of cable viewing if only there was a streamlined bare-bones image to use. Most people using this type of device are struggling a bit otherwise they'd have bought a new device.
All it needs is abm, softcams, epg importer - nothing else needed. Maybe @grog68 could code a barebones?
Am helping him now. Just upgrade to 6.3 from 6.2 with online flash and restore will do it.

It will if you can get 1.45 working, last time I tried it wouldn't work on 6.3 although that wasn't an LC box

We need a new softcam for cable that works on all boxes and builds.
I've not got time to make one but I'll give it my best shot, I think I've got some screws and lengths of wire in my shed.
Also some brown overalls

It will if you can get 1.45 working, last time I tried it wouldn't work on 6.3 although that wasn't an LC box

We need a new softcam for cable that works on all boxes and builds.
I've not got time to make one but I'll give it my best shot, I think I've got some screws and lengths of wire in my shed.
Also some brown overalls
1.45 works on 6.3

Ok well I'm glad to hear that, I spent 5 hours farting around with a H5 last night that had a faulty usb port so flash/flash/flash online from 6.1 upwards and couldn't get nothing until 6.4.
Got a "cheers mate" for my troubles though so it was totally worth it

Back