Openbox showing 'no signal' on all channels

Hi,

I'm a newbie but am having major issues with my Openbox. I bought it about a month ago, plugged it in and it all worked fine. Had a few issues with Sky sports but nothing major.
Then after the storm, everything except the FTV channels just stopped working. All channels that previously worked (Sky Movies, Entertainment, Music etc) just come up with the 'No Signal' message. I hadn't moved anything, and my neighbours who have Sky said their Sky Box is working fine.
I've since bought a new F wire (the one that goes from the box to the Sky port in the wall), FTV channels work through the box, I'm with BT internet so don't have the shield that Sky do (not that I'm aware of), I've tried a new box, with no luck. The weather app works fine too so the box is connecting to my internet.
I'm really confused now as the box DID work originally. If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful!

If you purchased with gift from e-bay then assume the gift/line is no more and you need to purchase a new one.
It's a standard e-bay rip off scenario.
Reaper.

Read thru this guide --it should help---------
A Dummies Guide

for

Setting Up A Skybox/Openbox/Libertview Satellite Receiver.

Requirements

Skybox/Openbx/Libertview Receiver. PC, USB Key,Ethernet cable,Router,

Image file (.abs),channel list (.dbs),Cccam.cfg

Image file can be downloaded from www.skybox.cc

Channel list can be downloaded from www.aj sat.com

Set the box up initially by attaching LNB cable from dish to LNB inlet on back of box [not to Loop inlet]

Attach ethernet cable from router to rear of box.

Connect TV to box yia HDMI lead.

Finally plug in box and power up [on front screen of box it will show LOAD--then L100--STRT--channel number]

Most new boxes are sold with up to date image firmware installed.and possibly an up to date channel list.

The TV screen will show the Skybox Logo then an on screen channel identity--if channel is a no show then press OK button on remote and locate a FTA channel from presented list.

FTA channel should now show--use exit button on remote to remove onscreen display.

Now you wish to watch those hidden encrypted channels which people pay hundreds of pounds to line the pockets of the Murdoch Mafia.

You need to purchase a "Line" which is a line of code from a payserver allowing access to the above mentioned channels. [this is illegal and known as cardsharing,but, everything we do nowadays is deemed illegal so what the heck--]

You will find plenty of payservers via a quick google, try to obtain a test line before you buy as server quality and costs vary [Don't buy gift from e-bay].

So you have your line---it sometimes comes as a ready made file or as a line of code.

If in fileform then you need to format a USB key to FAT32 via your PC and insert the file into the USB root.

If a line of code then put onto notepad and name as CCcam.cfg then save as ALL file. Now do as above and install on USB.

Now insert USB key into rear of box.

CLINE INSTALLATION

1: Go to main menu

2: Select Network

3: Select "CCcam Client Setup"

4: Select 'Update files by usb'

5: In new window, highlight 'CCcam.cfg', press green button on remote (ADD). This will place a tick by it, then press yellow button on remote (READ)

6: Once finished, select 'Manage Config Files' and on new window select cccam.cfg again

7: A new page comes up with your cline on it, press green button on remote to make it active (tick should appear by it) Exit out of all menus to tv and reboot box, select a pay channel.. it should clear, if not go back into menu, select Network, then 'Network Setup', and turn DHCP on and then click apply..

8: If channel still doesn't clear, reboot box and router by unplugging both from power and plugging back in (router first)

channel should now be showing---if not then you have either a dodgy line or a dodgy box---try another test line --if no go then return box as faulty.

How to enter Nline on Skybox/Libertview and Openbox, manually.

You can view all channels from your line server on Skybox/Libertview/Openbox by installing the Nline in the same place as you would install the Cline (CCcam.cfg) but, it is far better to install it into the MGCamd setup option which will usually result in a more stable mode.

Note:- if still using Cline, disable before attempting to use Nline/

1- Press the following selections via remote to access MGCamd option.

[menu]

[Network settings]

[MGCamd Plug Setup]

[Manage Config Files]

[newcamd.list]

[now press the green button on your remote to add line]

2- You will now see a set of boxes where you will enter

the Nline using your remote control.

3- This is a sample Nline----[for tutorial purpose only]

N:grimreaper.no-ip.com 12000 reaper 3455666 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

[Type] --- select Single Account

[Host] ----grimreaper.no-ip.com

[Port] ----12000

[User] ----reaper

[Password] --3455666

[Des Key] ----this is already filled in.

4-Once your Nline details have been entered into the boxes. click the yellow button on screen.,

then---

Press the exit button on the receiver remote twice,

and then--

Press the on/off button on your remote, keeping it pressed for 3/4 seconds so as to reboot the receiver.

After the receiver reboots, go to the channel list, choose an encrypted channel i.e. Sky Sports or Sky Movies and it should decrypt for your viewing pleasure..

CHANNEL LIST

Now check for channel list by pressing FAV on remote--if a favourite list appears then great, if not then download one to your pc from aj sat then FORMAT32 a USB key and add the tp_prog.dbs file.

Now____to add the list to box. Press Menu on remote, and highlight ''TOOLS''

Select 'Upgrade by USB'

In new window, use arrow keys to change top line to 'MISC FILES'

Move down to 'SELECT AND UPGRADE'

A new window opens, select 'TP_PROG.dbs' press green button to place a tick by it and then press yellow button to upgrade

: There should now be a completed channel list on your box separated into categories eg 'movies', 'sports' entertainment etc etc

And now you can go to the pub in peace while she watches Eastenders or some womanly progs.

There are other bits to play with on these boxes but you learn as you go on.

Join a forum such as Techkings and get advice.

Use the net to learn more about these simple toys.

One last note---keep a back-up of your CCcam on file

The Reaper

[June 2014]

hi guys and girls im new on this site, im in western australia,
i have an open box V8S i have connected all my leads etc etc and my box is working fine getting all the channels in the epg lists, but im only able to watch 1 shopping channel it is great quality picture so my signal is good, but when i go on the other channels sky and others i get a message on screen no signal, im on foxtel here
any help will be muchly appreciated, thanks for listening peeps.

The Sky footprint is designed for reception in the UK & Ireland only. With the right set up you can receive Sky in parts of Western Europe. After that, nothing! You'll need IPTV/Kodi to stream Sky TV elsewhere.

Thank you Reaper. I have been in touch with the guy I got my box from and he says all lines are fine on his end, and if I make any configurations, he won't be able to exchange/ replace the box, so I'm a bit weary about doing the above. I don't have a firewall on my router, but I was wondering if maybe sky could have blocked the connection as I live in a block of flats and we have a communal dish?

Hi,

I'm a newbie but am having major issues with my Openbox. I bought it about a month ago, plugged it in and it all worked fine. Had a few issues with Sky sports but nothing major.
Then after the storm, everything except the FTV channels just stopped working. All channels that previously worked (Sky Movies, Entertainment, Music etc) just come up with the 'No Signal' message. I hadn't moved anything, and my neighbours who have Sky said their Sky Box is working fine.
I've since bought a new F wire (the one that goes from the box to the Sky port in the wall), FTV channels work through the box, I'm with BT internet so don't have the shield that Sky do (not that I'm aware of), I've tried a new box, with no luck. The weather app works fine too so the box is connecting to my internet.
I'm really confused now as the box DID work originally. If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful!

unplug box and router from wall sockets and leave unplugged for a couple minutes,
now plug router in and wait for it to connect to the net
now plug box back in
now see if your channels are back

Still no luck. I've tried the box at a friends and it works fine. I'm at a loss here and running out of ideas.
well that rules the box and line being the problem so you should now start to look at router/dish/cable feed/f connectors and Ethernet cable

How do I fix that? I have a communal dish and my neighbours who have sky say theirs is fine.

I've tested my Ethernet cable (fine) bought a new f connector (into LNB only not loop). How can I test my dish if I don't have sky?

have you checked the cable that connects your box to the dish, make sure the wire is sticking through the end f the f connector

Hi did you press menu go into sattlite installation and check sattlite antenna to see what your signal quality is

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back