Openbox V8 PRO

garyth; Goto menu> cable> manual scan> enter the frequency you have at the top [B said:
571000[/B]

Symbol rate ex ntl is 6887 ex telewest is 6952

As soon as you put these details in the signal rate will show on the bars at the bottom> ok on search

You can also enter the same details in Autosearch> ok on search and that will grab the channels

Look at the frequency.
Reaper.

No, firmware cannot and should not be reversed-----its something to do with the frequencies thats wrong
Because I'm blind, it took me 4 days to sort my cable pro out then only lol 3 to get the golden up.
Don't worry--garyth will help you to the end.
Reaper.

PS---There is a full list of net id's on page 6 of this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks Reaper m8, I know it is something stupid my end and yes I think its an easy fix, its just doing my head in, lol.

tk-sup.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
Here are the instructions on how to locate your cable channels on the Openbox V8 PRO if you do not know your local cable frequencies.

Power on box and TV---ensure cable in RF in not LNB
Enter menu---installation---click on "cable"
When open locate "range search" and click open
15980d1446250649-openbox-v8-pro-grimreapper2-130x130.jpg

In the list showing install the following:----

FREQUENCY START---------------------045.000mhz
FREQUENCY END------------------------862.000mhz
SYMBOL RATE--------------------------6952ksps
MODULATION---------------------------Auto

Finally click "search"

nothing found m8, frequency start 045000 is to high for me I need 40966 ??? is that where I am going wrong ????

LIVERPOOL 1 - NORTH TW, 40966 571000 6952
LIVERPOOL 2 (Knowsley) - NORTH TW, 40965 571000 6952
Liverpool South 41016 411000 6952

As you can see [I can't lol] you are trying to use the net id as your start frequency----I used 474.000 as my start then 6952 and then auto
Reaper.

I will try again m8, and with a new cable, thank you for your help.

---------- Post Merged at 05:41 PM ----------

put all new cable in, now I am getting signal intensity 60% but in red ? nothing in quality ?

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ----------

now if i take it off auto and do OAM256 i get signal 93% in blue but when search only 3 channels, so it has to be me and my settings ?

openbox pro

I will try again m8, and with a new cable, thank you for your help.

---------- Post Merged at 05:41 PM ----------

put all new cable in, now I am getting signal intensity 60% but in red ? nothing in quality ?

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ----------

now if i take it off auto and do OAM256 i get signal 93% in blue but when search only 3 channels, so it has to be me and my settings ?
I had the same problem with the same box doing the same thing i thick they have a fault with the cable side of things

There is no fault on cable side---as sting says, he is now getting signal and some channels so his settings are the most likely culprits.
Most of us struggled at first but we got there in the end.
Reaper.

There is no fault on cable side---as sting says, he is now getting signal and some channels so his settings are the most likely culprits.
Most of us struggled at first but we got there in the end.
Reaper.

All sorted m8, Thanks , right the fix, had to use QAM256 and put NIT search on, got over 300 channels now. a big thanks to all.

Thanks for helping out, garyth, and well done sting for your perseverance. Once again, Techkings triumphs.
Enjoy your box sting.
Reaper.

V8 pro

That means I will get the best price deal and pass it on as I do not believe in ripping friends off.. PM me if you want to know more.
Reaper.

Hi.
I bought an openbox on eBay before finding here.
As I guess most members did

I am looking with interest at these v8 pro boxes.
Are they better than the v8s?

Or equal?

The reason I ask is I have a couple of family members and friends looking at ditching Sky and going down this route.

My V8s came with 2 year gift.

Do your boxes include this gift and ready to plug and play?

Also.
I live in Ireland ( south)
Could you post to there and at what cost?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

V8 Pro is superseded by V8 Golden [These are cable/sat]
If you only want sat then you need the V8 Super.
I do not sell or supply gifts/lines----you need to obtain separate here on forum.
You can see all boxes on support site at freesat service
Will post to anywhere but not sure of cost.
Reaper.

Back