Openbox V8S test lines not working

nasifkhan

Hi
I have been trying to get UK test N lines to work so I can take out a line with someone.
however, I cannot get the line to unscramble.
All freeview channels work.
I have tried 3 different test lines and i cannot view premium channels on any.
I have rebooted the box, updated channel list, rebooted router and still nothing. I have made sure I have entered everything correctly.
Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

Last edited:
Maybe your not listening to the guys who are helping you,any line provider will help you get set up,3 test lines and your still not setup,maybe you are the issue

I haven't recieved any help which is why I have posted on here.
1 person checked his line to make sure it was working his end and it was. That's all the help I got.
It might be me who is the issue but that is why I am asking for help to resolve the issue.
Would appreciate help rather than comments made like that from yourself.

Last edited:
LINE INSTALLATION

Transfer file onto USB - Navigate to Network Local Setting - Camds setup - select Mgcamd Plug Setup - Update files by USB - Select newcamd.list (Add Green) - Then Read (Yellow) will say new account found

Got to Network Local Settings - Network Setting -Setup - Make sure DHCP is on - Apply - Exit

Reboot box

And should be online

Any issues let me know

* IF YOU CANNOT SEE CAMDS SETUP PRESS 6666 ON REMOTE TO SEE THIS

Hi
I have been trying to get UK test N lines to work so I can take out a line with someone.
however, I cannot get the line to unscramble.
All freeview channels work.
I have tried 3 different test lines and i cannot view premium channels on any.
I have rebooted the box, updated channel list, rebooted router and still nothing. I have made sure I have entered everything correctly.
Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

One fix you can try that might work if your having issues is it might be your internets dhcp
so go to your dhcp settings in Ethernet connections on your sat box and switch dhcp off and then change dns to 8.8.8.8 or 008.008.008.008 and change alternate to 8.8.4.4 or 0008.008.004.004
if that fails I would do a factory reset of the box

Last edited:
Possibly a network issue since, as you claim, all is well on his side on the server side.

Check your Ethernet cable or any other connection you are using.
Check your network detail i.e you ip address etc.
Try accessing web TV

Span123 - tried and it didn't work

Jagsy - tried and it didn't work

Some channels on Web tv work.
I did read somewhere that a factory reset solved an issue similar to this.
Never done this before so what would you guys suggest...should I do factory reset?

Span123 - tried and it didn't work

Jagsy - tried and it didn't work

Some channels on Web tv work.
I did read somewhere that a factory reset solved an issue similar to this.
Never done this before so what would you guys suggest...should I do factory reset?

I know some people who have had this issue with a v8s and after resetting their box they have been able to connect to the server straight away... but make sure your test lines haven't expired aswell

Last edited:
so if the channels work on web tv, your getting a internet connection. Now as above if you've had 3 test lines and none have worked. Have you checked to see if you have added the correct details into mgcam plugin.
You do know tests will only last generally 24hrs -48thrs max although personally you don't need this length of time to find out if the provider is sound or not.

If you factory reset the box you will need to add a new channel list possibly by usb or via network upgrade if your firmware is up to date. If your tests are more than 2 days old get a new one and install immediately

I have a yearly line that is due to expire in the next week or so.
In terms of the test lines...I am definately adding them correctly.

How is a factory reset done?
I can see factory settings but unsure what to select and what not to select.

How do I find out what the latest firmware is?

How do i update the firmware.

Your firmware shouldn't be an issue at this point, your problem is getting the line working and IMHO trying to update firmware at this stage will only hinder the process
Ok on factory reset and ok on all, now add your channel list via usb using a foirmatted to fat32 usb stick, preferably using Cwiates list which you can get from here using a simple serach at the top of the page for "skybox channel lists"
Now add your test line into mgcam plugin, either manually or via usb

Garyth - I did as you said and still the same issue.
just want to make sure i did the correct method for resetting to factory.
Tools>Factory Setting>>Select All>>OK

Update ---- I have even updated the firmware from http://eopenbox.co.uk/firmware/ and I still have the same issue.

I have noticed that I do have BT Sports 1 and 2 and Europe but all Aky Sports and Movies are scrambled.

Last edited:
Yes your box is now factory reset. You have added the channel list and that's all good yeah? What about your coneection, did you get another line to try?

And what is Tekker who provided you with the test saying?
fors the weather app show any data?

what do you mean by Tekker?
I had a number of people PM me with test lines.
I also have my own annual line which I have used for 11 months with no issues.
Where is the weather app?

Tried a test line with my mates F5 at a mates house it worked.
Tried the weather app on my v8s and that says walsall city no data - at my house and mates house
Some channels on Web tv work

Last edited:
Back