openvix 5.1 released

cactikid

VIP Member
OpenViX 5.1 released

OpenViX 5.1 is based on the OE-Alliance v4.1 core. You cannot perform an online update if you are currently on OpenViX 5.0.xxx or older.
You can download and then flash the newer images using the USB method or simply by using Image Manager for MIPS receivers, Arm based will require a USB flash.

You can restore settings and plugins from OpenViX 5.0 series images after you have flashed the image. This will restore most things to how you had them before.

RESTORE PROCESS WILL NOT RESTORE PLUGINS THAT ARE NOT ON THE CURRENT PLUGIN SERVER. THESE MUST BE INSTALLED MANUALLY.

Were can i find a full guide on how to flash the new image and how to restore all my previous skins..thanks

Were can i find a full guide on how to flash the new image and how to restore all my previous skins..thanks

I don't think there is a full guide and a lot of skins have files that aren't in the default skin folder.
You're better off making a settings backup and restoring after flashing and then reinstalling the skins.

I don't think there is a full guide and a lot of skins have files that aren't in the default skin folder.
You're better off making a settings backup and restoring after flashing and then reinstalling the skins.
Ive never flashed my box so totally new to it..

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

save your files to pc first,then yes and when done and setting box up again you will need to install your softcam from downloads,

the important ones as on post 11 presuming your using mgcamd?
Ok thanks.

Ok so basically i format my usb to fat32..download the latest image..put the usb back into the miraclebox..go to image manager and follow the 2 videos you sent..

Thanks

no usb needed as the image is from the vix website if you want to couch flash
or
download from site latest image / recheck as some boxes are no longer been supported meaning no new images
extract image to a formatted fat 32 8gb usb kingston and only insert/remove when box is powered off.
follow flashing guide for your box and when box reboots flashing is done.

no usb needed as the image is from the vix website if you want to couch flash
or
download from site latest image / recheck as some boxes are no longer been supported meaning no new images
extract image to a formatted fat 32 8gb usb kingston and only insert/remove when box is powered off.
follow flashing guide for your box and when box reboots flashing is done.
Cheers il have a go soon wish me luck il need it..i have the miraclebox running 5.0.32 something like that lol

Cheers il have a go soon wish me luck il need it..i have the miraclebox running 5.0.32 something like that lol

Hi i have flashed the box but im getting this error..any ideas
3504835276b75df9ee71ae715b49a2cc.jpg
acb3f1614cad1cbff3199879d1662006.jpg

remove the
.txt
from the mg_cfg file
it should be named exactly

mg_cfg

nothing else
All sorted now the premium channels are on..i just need to add a vm skin..

I cant watch any sport channels due to the power levels issye that vm are meant to sort out..

Thanks lads

Back