Openvix image for Star 2s

For some reason movies were the worst as in slow motion no sound occasional bursts of a word or two then sound back off again...

Box rebooted a few times trying to get ext player running... Extremely slow start up..also cleared memory in cache flush a few times...

I also deleted xe off the downstairs box by accident clearing plug ins so will have to download it again through putty. ..yet still have line...

Your epg should come from provider it might need updating or try changing the skin you have
Yes it does come from the provider but it disappears when I switch player which seems to be the only option for a better quality picture no glitches etc..well so far anyway...I'll try and reload it with that player running but I've read others having issues when changing player as well it was set to original at the start which was terrible picture etc..couldn't watch anything...

To update this thread.

I've changed player running better.

Bit of audio out of sync on fta and iptv channels but recreated swapfile to 512mb and seems to have helped.

I have epg but listings not appearing in tv listings...? Ie from tv button...?

I'd usually record from here..any idea how to get these showing...?

Usually once I've updated iptv in xe these listings appear again..but not at the minute...

I can't record or pick a channel direct from epg but can select from tv button only showing channel name but no info in that list of what's on...?

Any tips..?

Thanks a lot...

Sorry edit..can't record tried it as movie was on box just froze on spinning icon..had to reboot...getting frustrated with this now seems no matter what box isn't up to what I'm looking from it..

There was an issue in some older images for epg with iptv types, I can't remember if it's the exact same issue but probably best updating image. Wooshbuild v5 is quite old now.

Edit you won't be able to record using service app.

There was an issue in some older images for epg with iptv types, I can't remember if it's the exact same issue but probably best updating image. Wooshbuild v5 is quite old now.

Edit you won't be able to record using service app.
Yeah I think I'm trying to avoid a reflash to be honest if I thought that would cure the probs I'd do it.

TBH big improvement in viewing not glitching anywhere near as much epg/tv guide and recording probs are the main issues now...

I might just try a basic openatv build if no joy new box...do you know if you can record on mag boxes...?

Cheers...

Yeah I think I'm trying to avoid a reflash to be honest if I thought that would cure the probs I'd do it.

TBH big improvement in viewing not glitching anywhere near as much epg/tv guide and recording probs are the main issues now...

I might just try a basic openatv build if no joy new box...do you know if you can record on mag boxes...?

Cheers...
MAG boxes are mac based mate you would be better getting username and password off your supplier and using Jedi mate and if you reflash you will loose your line I'd and code unless it can be backed up and re installed after

jlg1, if you still want to try openvix, this what i run on my old 2s which i have for as reserve box and for playing around with. Works fine on iptv as long as you do not have loads of bouquets or vod set up

Attachments

• openvix-4.2.006.release-zgemma-star-2s_usb.zip
    56.9 MB · Views: 22
MAG boxes are mac based mate you would be better getting username and password off your supplier and using Jedi mate and if you reflash you will loose your line I'd and code unless it can be backed up and re installed after
Sorry not familiar with Jedi is that a build..?

jlg1, if you still want to try openvix, this what i run on my old 2s which i have for as reserve box and for playing around with. Works fine on iptv as long as you do not have loads of bouquets or vod set up
Cheers I had downloaded 6.3 openatv but haven't done anything with it yet.

So have been trying it out tonight on discovery playing great but can't record box freezes..don't know if flashing to openatv will change this....?

Cheers for that link by the way....

Sorry not familiar with Jedi is that a build..?
Cheers..providers usually good at helping out..he already knows I've been having issues said to try reflash with basic build first before changing box altogether.

But issues were playing problems now playing great but can't record....unless it's something to do with changing the player to ext3? Using service app...? which has changed everything as regards viewing BUT no channels listed in tv guide which were working before changing player.

I've all the info for putty etc..just need to give provider code from xtream editor to activate line again and re download epg.

He has epg setup within xtream plugin...

Sorry to jump in lads I also have a problem is wooshbuild infinity down as carnt run a script to me box h2h as I have iptv

I know Im hijacking my own post lol - but just wondering if anyone knows what version of wooshbuild/skin this is...?

Box froze tonight and had to reflash took over 2 hours finally up and running but trying out the sky q skin and not that fussed tbh....think I might prefer this one back again but wondering which version it is...?

I thought I remembered it with wooshbuild v5 that I had on the box had images backed up but ended up with only metirx hd I think it is as an option...prefer the s## setup...

Cheers for any help....

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 6
Back