openvpn and built in config files

morseman

Hi all, i used to have a version of openvpn with the config files built into it,can anyone point me in the right
direction to where i could download it from.
Running the latest version of vix.

Tia.

Hi and thanks for your reply, i have installed the vpn manager and config importer plus the text file but when it comes to
saving the details it just crashes the box.
The vpn in extreameditor works but is very hit and miss hence the need for a decent version of openvpn.

Hi and thanks for your reply, i have installed the vpn manager and config importer plus the text file but when it comes to
saving the details it just crashes the box.
The vpn in extreameditor works but is very hit and miss hence the need for a decent version of openvpn.
Reboot the box first, fully powered off, then open conf importer and choose VPN provider and put in your login details.

Thank's for the info pablo i tried that and it was the same result, it crashes the box when i go to save or set the config to yes for the import.
Its starting to annoy me now.

Thank's for the info pablo i tried that and it was the same result, it crashes the box when i go to save or set the config to yes for the import.
Its starting to annoy me now.
@dsayers2014 or @grog68 might have more info, I've tagged them both in this post.
Have you chosen your provider?
If it's not on the list of supported VPN providers it won't work

I think VPN Conf importer has issues on latest vix, think vix is now using Python 3 and as I don't have a box with PY3 on it yet I can't do the debugging

Cheers for the replies,i have my vpn provider running on another box using the same version of vix and it works well, just can't get it to work on this one.:confused:

The working box is a zgemma h9s and the one i am having trouble with is an edision os mini.
And you are running the newest openvix on them both?
If the H9s is running a slightly older version then this is the problem, newest version uses different coding and isn't possible yet

Thanks pablo, they are both running the latest version of vix, i guess i will have to wait until it's sorted.

Openvix hasn't gone to python 3 yet so it should be fine. When using VPN conf importer double check you are naming the file correctly vpn.txt in tmp.

Alternatively copy your configs from one box to the other and type your username and password in VPN manager

Openvix hasn't gone to python 3 yet so it should be fine. When using VPN conf importer double check you are naming the file correctly vpn.txt in tmp.

Alternatively copy your configs from one box to the other and type your username and password in VPN manager
Use te same config files off the working box is your best option as that is where most go wrong. Nicely picked up (y)

Thanks all, ive tried to copy the configs from the other box but to no avail, it just crashes every time i save or set the config. Its looking like a reflash with something that has everything
available via the plugins section, or I might just buy an andriod cheapy to use now as at least the vpn will work.

Thanks all, ive tried to copy the configs from the other box but to no avail, it just crashes every time i save or set the config. Its looking like a reflash with something that has everything
available via the plugins section, or I might just buy an andriod cheapy to use now as at least the vpn will work.
Are you actually using vpn manager on the zgemma if so just copy the pass.file from etc\openvpn folder on zgemma to where you have stored your open vpn config files on hard drive on other machine

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 14
Theres a problem with conf importer.
If you press blue to save details it crashes the box.
If you press left or right on 'import credentials' to change it from no to yes it crashes the box.
Maybe @grog68 can elaborate?

Thanks pablo, they are both running the latest version of vix, i guess i will have to wait until it's sorted.
I have PIA running on my ViX boxes with no problem. What version of ViX are you actually running? 'Latest' doesn't mean much.

Back