Oscam

adamsm

Trying to set up Oscam as a cccam. Set reader up correctly using a c line. However created a used and nothing is clearing, I'm guessing there are some settings in the user that need to be changed?

this is how my oscam.server file looks, no other file is touched. I'm using newcamd so you would need to change the protocol as well.

Code:
[reader]
label = Grog_Line
enable = 1
protocol = newcamd
device = SERVER,PORT
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = USERNAME
password = PASSWORD
connectoninit = 1
caid = 1841
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
blockemm-unknown = 1

What version of the softcam feeds are you using, if 4.3 (I think it is) then the file goes in the /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu folder on ATV, VIX is similar location, older softcam feeds on ATV you put it in the /usr/keys/oscam_atv folder

Setting up the reader isn't the problem. It's setting up a CCCam user. I'm guessing there's some settings in the user panel cccam section that will need to be changed so it will work, but what that is currently I don't know.

Default works for Mgcamd and Newcamd but unfortunately doesn't for Cccam. Hopefully I'll figure it out eventually :-)

Oscam and.cable lines dont get on.
If your box can run mgcamd, most boxes and buulds can now, use that instead of oscam

Seems that mgcamd works better if your line isn't the best. If you have a good line there won't be a difference. You must have a good one.

Since about 3 months ago.
It's not just oscam.
C lines don't work now using newer versions of openatv, regardless of whether they are cable or sat lines.
I have 5 CWS vm lines, change any of them to CCcam and there's no possibility of them working using CCcam softcam.
Change them back to CWS and they work immediately with mgcamd softcam

Similar reports from VIX users
especially today
one person is using line A port 2 on vix, can't watch anything
next person using line A port 2 using atv, no problems

Oscam and.cable lines dont get on.
If your box can run mgcamd, most boxes and buulds can now, use that instead of oscam
they get on perfectly well, I've used oscam on cable for couple of years now without an issue and have installed on lots of boxes for others. If you have an issue running oscam then it's more than likely a provider issue or settings in the oscam file

As an oscam user on euro sat i had many issues getting it to work,image and version was mine but luckily openvix had a new image released and everything clicked after that. CCcam to oscam converter was handy in doing things correctly.
Loading of ipk file did not work for me on previous image and lower oscam versions.
No cable to use over here.

It's since the C lines have been moved to etc folder, never managed to get one to work since then

Using atv6.2 and GBFR
I have 2 softcam panels/managers
If i go to softcam panel, I can use mgcamd1.38
if i use softcam-setup After (disabling mgcamd in panel) CCcam doesn't work

It must be a problem with the new ATV softcam.
CCcam 2.3.0 has always used the /etc/ folder for CCcam.cfg on ViX and still works okay. (just tried it on a mipsel box)

Just out of interest has anyone tried pur-e2 images? I use these on solo4k and softcam download is already in the image. I have both oscam and ccam working fine, lastest oscam for afn on 9e plus converted clines and then cccam 2.3.2 and 2.3.8 for viewing sat and cable. I think a lot of the problems with oscam are the configs you just have the play around to get it running sweet. I do believe that it also have mgcamd available but I have never tried this. If there is a simple way to convert clines to whatever mgcamd uses post it and i will test it.

I wouldn't think new paths used have bearing on things.I primarily use OpenVix set up on mips & arm receivers I have multiple readers ,different protocols, cable & sat running fine on both. I had cause to check something on an atv image recently, it's an image I don't like , but added oscam ipk,set up same as others, ran fine without issue, I think , as kennkiwi said,have a proper set of configs goes a way to helping. As grog mentioned it may be related to new atv softcam

I meant Oscam isn't good for cable servers, some providers don't allow it at all.
It's not really required now that mgcamd runs on all boxes and builds and is easier on the servers, oscam causes too many conflicts server side

Tbh Oscam is your best option, it's regularly updated, mgcamd 1.45 is newest & has been out quite a while, the'updated' mgcamd for arm is a rev of 1.35 I think. Mgcamd was primarily regarded as a client cam.Oscam is regularly maintained & updated, the Oscam latest in vix feeds, while not the literal latest version, is the newest stable version used by openvix, I put it on lots of boxes for people. I always used oscam with cable servers, whether they said yes or no. They don't wan't u using it cuse if you can read the live logs you can see lots about your connection, whether server is using cache, etc, plus they're afraid u might share the line...

I meant Oscam isn't good for cable servers, some providers don't allow it at all.
It's not really required now that mgcamd runs on all boxes and builds and is easier on the servers, oscam causes too many conflicts server side

providers not allowing oscam is different from oscam not being good on cable, it was the same with satellite some providers didn't allow it as they couldn't be bothered to set their server up for oscam. I always used oscam on mipsel boxes as well as arm boxes, found it far better. A good provider will allow all three protocols, giving the user the choice.

It's since the C lines have been moved to etc folder, never managed to get one to work since then

Using atv6.2 and GBFR
I have 2 softcam panels/managers
If i go to softcam panel, I can use mgcamd1.38
if i use softcam-setup After (disabling mgcamd in panel) CCcam doesn't work
Why have you got 2 softcam panels/managers. I have one but it's accessable via two routes, menu -> infopanel -> Softcam Setup, or menu -> Setup -> Decryption & parental control -> Softcam Setup
I have tested my line as CCCcam, mgcamd and oscam on my boxes since the recent changes and all work perfectly.

Back