Our NHS discussions. Covid19 related or not

36red

surely the one dose vaccine would be best for ease of distribution, to administer and cost effective.
shame we as citizens don't get a choice in which one we want.

Why would you get a choice?
You're not offered a choice of flu vaccines or TB or any others.
NHS don't offer a choice of surgeons when you are going for an operation, it's a health service not a restaurant

surely the one dose vaccine would be best for ease of distribution, to administer and cost effective.
shame we as citizens don't get a choice in which one we want.

Na na naaaa Nae choice with the NHS, its the poor man's health service lol

Na na naaaa Nae choice with the NHS, its the poor man's health service lol
On what basis do you say that? Its not the poor man's health service at all. It is envied the world over. I have worked in the Netherlands for 15 years and pay €130 every month for compulsory medical insurance - if I need to use it, I have an excess of €350 before they pay anything - when I have used it, I dont get any better treatment than in UK. Every time I have used the NHS, I have been dealt with extremely professionally and politely. I may have been lucky,, this institution may have its flaws, but everyone in UK is privileged to be able to rely on it.

On what basis do you say that? Its not the poor man's health service at all. It is envied the world over. I have worked in the Netherlands for 15 years and pay €130 every month for compulsory medical insurance - if I need to use it, I have an excess of €350 before they pay anything - when I have used it, I dont get any better treatment than in UK. Every time I have used the NHS, I have been dealt with extremely professionally and politely. I may have been lucky,, this institution may have its flaws, but everyone in UK is privileged to be able to rely on it.
totally agree,
I've just had an almost £600 bill from Denmark for one hospital visit for a cut to my head, and that was my excess as well as having my CPR (Danish NI) number and medical insurance

It's envived around the world? Where about like? Somalia, Sudan, Sierra Leone... ok then. Well, for starters, I've just finished saying you wouldn't get a choice on what vaccine you wanted.. But then I go on about my personal experience where the NHS nearly killed me, but I haven't enough time to go into that....
Enough said, better I stick to the thread topic... lol

No doubt NHS has its flaws and has had struggles whether due not being funded enough or whatever but one thing remains the same the NHS is the heart and soul of the UK.

UK population are lucky to have a free health service available.

No doubt NHS has its flaws and has had struggles whether due not being funded enough or whatever but one thing remains the same the NHS is the heart and soul of the UK.

UK population are lucky to have a free health service available.

I'm one member of the 'UK Population' that doesn't feel lucky having the wasteful NHS where users are made to feel they're some sort of
benefit scrounger when in need of help. I don't know what model of health care would be better but its definately not what we've got
but unfortunately, the NHS has become some sort of religion amongst the public.

Personally dont think privatising the NHS as has been on the table for some time is the solution to the mess NHS has been in for so long.

Sure as heck dont want US type health system here, just imagine those who would not be able to afford health care if that ever happened.

We already have private healthcare in the UK.
Anyone who doesn't like the NHS is free to pay for private healthcare but very few do.
They want private healthcare but don't want to pay for it, then whine about the NHS that they chose.
Weird innit? - do nothing about it for a mere forty years and then look what happens.

It's underfunding and bad management that's the problem imo. I have to agree with much of what you say though.

not being an expert on this at all just slavering in the pub or a forum lol , I could find a way towards agreeing with you by saying the funding is not getting to where it needs to be due to extremely over-paid bad management. I'm sure
if we compared the funding of the NHS with other 1st world countries it would be as good as or if not, better.

Personally dont think privatising the NHS as has been on the table for some time is the solution to the mess NHS has been in for so long.

Sure as heck dont want US type health system here, just imagine those who would not be able to afford health care if that ever happened.

Well, first of me hearing there's ever been any plans to privatise the NHS by any political party...my impression is that they are all equally resistant to change or considering other financial models to support health system.

Strangely enough, its only ever the US healthcare that's considred as an alternative, I'd like to hear about other country's health systems, eg. Singapore (just heard someone saying it was a good system.
Nothing that's ever proposed ever needs to neglect the poor.

I'm lost now,
what other 1st world, or otherwise, country has a free health service available to all.?

The UK doesn't have a 'free' health service. I'm just talking about what's spent per head of population equivalence on healthcare

The UK doesn't have a 'free' health service. I'm just talking about what's spent per head of population equivalence on healthcare
yes it does, the NHS is free at the point of use.
yes, it is funded via what we pay in NI/taxes etc,
but it is free for all to use, whether you work and pay NI or not.
so, back to the question,
what other country has a healthcare service that is free at point of use.?

what other country has a healthcare service that is free at point of use.?

I'm not aware of any other country that has an international health service whose health service is free for those that have contributed nothing towards it.
However, healthcare does cost money, and all I was meaning that if the funding for the NHS was compared to that of other countries I'm sure it would be
found to be as well funded or if not better.

I'm not aware of any other country that has an international health service whose health service is free for those that have contributed nothing towards it.
However, healthcare does cost money, and all I was meaning that if the funding for the NHS was compared to that of other countries I'm sure it would be
found to be as well funded or if not better.
I'd love to know how a newborn baby with a heart defect would be expected to have funded anything, nevermind their healthcare.
again,
what countries are you talking about.?
what other country has a funded healthcare system.?
I only know of those that are paid for at the point of use,
and it is ridiculous to say that funding something, or pay as you use is remotely similar.
yet again this is a baseless argument that has been put forward on the internet with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I'd love to know how a newborn baby with a heart defect would be expected to have funded anything, nevermind their healthcare.
again,
what countries are you talking about.?
what other country has a funded healthcare system.?
I only know of those that are paid for at the point of use,
and it is ridiculous to say that funding something, or pay as you use is remotely similar.
yet again this is a baseless argument that has been put forward on the internet with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I'm talking about the compariable cost of the healthcare in an organisational sense . I'm obviously struggling to find words to put that across to you, whereas you're focusing on the individual point of view, which I can see
It's going a long way back now, even on this thread where I was speaking about whether the NHS is well funded or under funded...... and I can't remember if it was you or not.

And, you're honour I'm not sitting with any facts here or purported to have... but I can't for the life of me imagine the NHS is third rate when it comes to funding.

Ohh.. that's an interesting point, how does the family fund the healthcare of s sick newborn in the USA? Must be a solution there somewhere if they don't have the NHS there?

Back