Our NHS discussions. Covid19 related or not

I have always sworn how good the NHS is and still do.

A few year ago I got bent in a diving accident, went to local A&E checked me over within 10 minutes I was in a ambulance and blue lighted to the nearest chamber in Hull 50 miles away only took 35mins, they had already phoned a specially trained nurse in from home, after a few questions i was in the chamber for a few hours.

Afterwards i was shown to my own private room not joking i have slept in many worse hotels, next morning i wandered down to the restaurant and could have anything i wanted.
My point is this was a Bupa hospital and this is the service you can have if you pay a lot of money luckily for me the NHS have some sort of deal going for this sort of thing.

Relative broke his leg playing football and went to hospital. Parenst insisted he was operated on at a BUPA hospital as they paid monthly subs for all the family.
Surgeon turned up and they put that to him and he said I do BUPA work and would be doing the operation but this NHS hospital has better facilities here in the operating rom and I suggest we do it here.
NHS 1 BUPA 0.

Back