Windows Vista pc wont boot from rescue disc

anyone help whit this please,when i boot up with avira rescue CD i press 1 and enter like it says but it does not start,instead it says probing edd edd=off to disable.ok
undefined video mode number 301
press enter to see video modes available...............
decompressing Linux.parsing elf....done
booth the kernel. iv also tried f11 but windows just starts and now its asking for the administer password and i dont have this, iv tried other discs as well kerspy avira and more but none will work i get so far and then i run into a brick wall

this is as far as I'm getting anyone no whats wrong hear.
thanks paddy.

PS i no this PC is riddled whit virus,i cant even connect to net even when i connect directly to modem it say pages not available

Have you tried downloading one of the many free Password removers that you create a boot disk with and remove all passwords on the machine then tried boot into safe mode mate?

I found out the hard way that can be a mare on certain machines had. I decided never to do it again after the last time! Too time consuming. This way is done in less than a minute!

Here's the prog. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Just extract the rar and burn the iso to disc and boot up with it. Very very easy to use. You can't go wrong. I've got to run now lads but any probs I'll be back on in a while.

is there any particular reason you want to boot from the rescue cd in the first place paddy?
maybe if your having a problem elsewhere on the pc we could help solve that before deleting the admin password with the boot cd although it is a good idea to delete the password from the admin account if you dont know what it is.

I was thinking similar initially axxxo but the password is unknown so I thought this would be quickest and easiest way.

yeah true but he might have a different account besides the admin one where there could be something wrong with the pc itself, normally though the admin password should be the same as another account on the same computer or there typically is no password at all unless set by someone else.

It's his neighbours.

ye its the neighbours PC,hes no work or funds so i said id try help him out,the reason i want to boot from CD is at first when he gave it to me i managed to do a virus scan got half way through and it then crashes was happening all the time even in safe mode and was showing lots of virus and fake antivirus pop ups,i downloaded malwarebytes, superantispyware to a memory stick but could not get them to load up,when i inserted the memory stick back in my PC my avira stopped a worm from getting in so i formatted the stick and tried downloading malwarebytes, superantispyware and running them again but no good and worm tried to gain access to my PC again when i put it in but avira got it again,so i tried boot disc but no good i got the message in last post every time i try,then when i tried to boot in safe mode next time its looking for administrator password every time.:bang head:

i would reinstall the computer if you have a disc if not let me know and ill get one to you if need

have you tried mooley password disc

sent you a pm

Last edited:
i would reinstall the computer if you have a disc if not let me know and ill get one to you if need

have you tried mooley password disc

no just got some cds now gonna try the password disc in morning
,he has no computer disc so ill let u no tomorrow ,thanks for the help have to go to work now taxiiiiiiiiiiii i hate:cry::cry::cry:

Back