Windows Vista pc wont boot from rescue disc

so i think its a xp bootable disk then tkers.wher would you think the best place to get one and how much please

Do people still buy OS's? :whistling:

Anyhoo, I agree with the above.
Two months down the road from a fresh install isn't really worth the hassle of salvaging.

If you really want to trust your computer you really do need a good clean copy of the O/S, , yes you can get any amount of the on-line, but that is also the way "Bots" are developed, - through corrupted o/s`s, unless you are very good at studying and analysing CRC Checksums, you will never know if you have a true copy or a corrupt one.
I personally choose to only install clean and safe.

but that is also the way "Bots" are developed, - through corrupted o/s`s

Honestly, that's rubbish.
There are far simpler ways of infecting a system than injecting a virus into an .iso file.
Add to that the fact that most people will also be scanning the file before it even makes it onto a disk.

Most bots exploit system vulnerabilities, ignorance, and poor habits.

Have to say I have many different versions of many different OS and never had a prob. They are all clean and safe.

suppose it is personal choice in the end lads, but not all the people who download stuff are as computer literate as people who come to these type of sites.
some would not even bother to run a scan before installing

Same here, since win98.

Fair play though, if you can afford it, looking for peace of mind, legality and support, then you should be buying rather than 'trialling'. :)

Back