Pixelation?

Bigyinuk

Hi all

I have two devices connected to a quad LNB (Sky dish), (1) a LG TV and (2) Coolstream HD receiver. Rarely if ever do I see pixelation on the Coolstream but the LG seems to do it fairly frequently. Looks to me as if the tuner in the TV isn't as good/sensitive as the Coolstream. I'm tempted to replace the LNB and dish to try and get a more reliable picture as it does get irritating at times.

If this is the problem, can anyone advise on a good dish/LNB that'll give me a stronger signal / higher SNR?

Tx

If it was my opition I would install 80cm satellite dish and decent l.n.b like inverto
If you decide to change from a fixed installation to a multisat system You
Have the upgrade required

If it was my opition I would install 80cm satellite dish and decent l.n.b like inverto
If you decide to change from a fixed installation to a multisat system You
Have the upgrade required

Thanks for that. I have done the fully motorised system thing in the past with a Humax etc. It was fun but I'm happy with Freesat on the TV and IPTV for the other stuff.

I'll upgrade the dish and LNB I think as you suggest.

I don't think an 80cm will work here but I could stretch to a 60 (or 65). I've been looking at a Gilbertini dish and an Inverto Black Twin LNB.

Last edited:
I have my tuner A set to a fixed 28 e sky dish, tuner b is set to the motor for euro sats, tuner c is cable, today the motor is trying to move tuner A when I try to change sats, its never happened before, when I normally change it works straight away on tuner B, I havent changed anything in settings, I have got it back now, but just wondering if anyone knows what caused it, thanks.

If it continues to happen I would use tunner A
The internal tunner for motorisied set up
And tunner B for you fixed satellite system
Is it Usal settings or stored satellite positions
Your using

Stored sat positions, when I first set this triple tuner box up, I had to switch tuner A and B feeds, it was the only way that the box would drive the motor, I did originally try tuner A for the motorised.

Zgemma recievers are temperamental
With a motorisied system
Must test the h9 twin using stored positions
And the v box positioner

Could be water ingress in the cable at the lnb end.
I did try a new cable but it didn't make any difference.

UPDATE: It is actually the tuner in the TV which is shit. Its an LG. Doesn't matter how good the signal is it still pixelates on the higher frequency transponders. The Coolstream is fine, always. Might get Richer to look at it as a fault but more likely its just poor tuner design in that model.

Back