PLEASE HELP step by step help needed for a complete zgemma h.2s novice.

we've always excluded point 3.1 in the step by step guide.
I'm now at the state where I'm sick at the sight of the box.
Just can not figure out what it is we are doing wrong.

OK, lets get to the bottom of this before you smash your box up. Can I also add that I don't think you are doing anything wrong or pointing the finger. I will help you all I can.

First thing to try (again I expect) is to start again from scratch.

but before you start, check you have a good signal strength on both sat cables. If one cable is no working correctly this needs fixing first.

Menu -> Setup -> Service and searching -> Signal finder

Flash the box with the image

1. initialise your USB stick
2. create swap file
3. Open AutoBouquets E2 (28.2) and set tv region and scan
4. EPG Program guide import
and so on.

If you get past problems at this point you are nearly there.

OK, lets get to the bottom of this before you smash your box up. Can I also add that I don't think you are doing anything wrong or pointing the finger. I will help you all I can.

First thing to try (again I expect) is to start again from scratch.

but before you start, check you have a good signal strength on both sat cables. If one cable is no working correctly this needs fixing first.

Menu -> Setup -> Service and searching -> Signal finder

Flash the box with the image

1. initialise your USB stick
2. create swap file
3. Open AutoBouquets E2 (28.2) and set tv region and scan
4. EPG Program guide import
and so on.

If you get past problems at this point you are nearly there.

ok so ive factory reset the box, flashed it and set the region and scanned.

ive just created the swap file and now i am back at a full bbc1 full tv screen.
can i just let you know that i have picked the republic of ireland region and at this stage i can not get the fta stations like rte1, rte2, tv3, tg4,e3 etc.

Last edited:
I have them in my listing set for South East but I can't watch RTE2 HD. Do you think AutoBouquets E2 thinks they are not FTA? You may have to change FTA to all channels but set channel swap to no. I am just testing now to see what happens.

So this time you are further than before now you have scanned?

Last edited:
they are in my listings alright but they dont work (just a black screen)
ok so im ok up to now
are you ok to continue woosh?

Last edited:
ok so im ok up to now
Yep I am here.

So you have scanned your channels and the box has not crashed which I think was the problem you were having.

So the next step is to use CrossEPG to bring in the EPG listings.

Menu -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure

Storage device is to be set to "External" or "USB Flash Drive" or whatever your USB device is listed as by using the left or right direction buttons. DO NOT change anything else as this has already been configured for you.
Press the Red button (Back)

Then scroll down the menu until you see Download Now and select that.

ok so im ok up to now
Yep I am here.

So you have scanned your channels and the box has not crashed which I think was the problem you were having.

So the next step is to use CrossEPG to bring in the EPG listings.

Menu -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure

Storage device is to be set to "External" or "USB Flash Drive" or whatever your USB device is listed as by using the left or right direction buttons. DO NOT change anything else as this has already been configured for you.
Press the Red button (Back)

Then scroll down the menu until you see Download Now and select that.

ok so ive done that and so far so good.....

Once you have done that you need to have a look at what I have put for setting up timeshift as it includes images to help explain how to set the locations.

Step 5: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-v2-h2s-h2h-openatv-5-1-image.html#post484445

Once you have sorted step 5, step 6 obvioulsy come next which is getting your line onto the box so you can view pay channels. Again, 6 is quite in depth. I have just helped someone getting their line on the box at the end of that thread if you have problems. I am still here though.

ok so ive hit a wall now. when i select my usb pen its tells me an error message: it reads.. the directory/media/hdd/is not a EXT2,EXT3,EXT4,NFS or CIFS partition.
make sure you select a valid partition type.

ok so ive hit a wall now. when i select my usb pen its tells me an error message: it reads.. the directory/media/hdd/is not a EXT2,EXT3,EXT4,NFS or CIFS partition.
make sure you select a valid partition type.
Did you initialise the USB stick in step one of the instructions? Is it the only USB device in the box? If not, remove any others.

i did do it at the start yeah but should i take it out and do it again or will i have to go bk to the very start again?

Have you restarted your box yet? If not, restart your box and see if that helps.

If not, initialise the usb again and then restart. You may lose your EPG but not a problem, we can fix that with a new CrossEPG scan.

It is not a problem it is just that the line transfer file cannot see your box on the network. We have ways to get around it, but I thought I would offer remote help as it would be easier for you. I will be here tomorrow.

Have you restarted your box yet? If not, restart your box and see if that helps.

If not, initialise the usb again and then restart. You may lose your EPG but not a problem, we can fix that with a new CrossEPG scan.

ok so ive initialised the usb pen and fixed the crossepg ;)

so far so good woosh

---------- Post Merged on 24-02-2016 at 12:08 AM ----------

ok so what now mr woosh this is the part im really crap at :fear:

Putting your line on the box?

Did your line get sent to you as just text in an email?

If so, tell me what your line starts like:

C:, N: or CWS =

It will be one of those 3.

If it is C: or N: you need to go to the folder called "Put line on box", and edit the file called cccam.cfg. You can open it with notepad and paste your entire line into that file. Then save it.

If it starts with CWS =

You need to open the newcamd.list file, again with notepad and pase your line details into it and save.

Now double click the Line_Transfer file.

i had that trouble. couldn't figure for the life of me what was wrong then realised i hadn't initialized usb lol

Back