Plex Pin Number

dt99

TK Veteran
I need to give my Plex pin number to a supplier for a trial, but I can't find the pin number in any of the settings on the app or the website.

Anyone know where it would be?

I need to give my Plex pin number to a supplier for a trial, but I can't find the pin number in any of the settings on the app or the website.

Anyone know where it would be?
  1. Sign in to the corresponding Plex account on the plex.tv website.
  2. Visit the PIN Reset page.
  3. Choose the new PIN, confirm it, then enter the account's current password (for accounts that have passwords)
  4. Use the Update button to save the changes.

Thanks, I thought it was something set by Plex themselves. I'm guessing the supplier will use my email address and pin to grant me access then.

Just seemed strange that they only wanted a pin, I was thinking well how many people will have the same pin as me.

I
Thanks, I thought it was something set by Plex themselves. I'm guessing the supplier will use my email address and pin to grant me access then.

Just seemed strange that they only wanted a pin, I was thinking well how many people will have the same pin as me.
Did a google search for you mate that's what it came up with I'm not familiar with plex

Supplier just replied, apparently I have to log out of Plex, skip the sign in option and it then generates a pin.....that's the one I need.

The one you found is like a security pin instead of a password, which makes life easier. So I learnt 2 things, thanks @bazcfc1

Supplier just replied, apparently I have to log out of Plex, skip the sign in option and it then generates a pin.....that's the one I need.

The one you found is like a security pin instead of a password, which makes life easier. So I learnt 2 things, thanks @bazcfc1
As I said mate not too familiar with plex so did a Google search for you but learning 2 things in 1 go is a bonus lol

you should get a pin on the device you want to add by pressing sign in on the devices app,you only get about 10 mins with that pin then you need to do it again.some of my devices like the ps4 s some time kick you out of plex when there powered off and you need to add the pin again,Thats why it can be handy for you to be incontrol of plex than someone else.

I get what you mean, but it's the hassle of downloading content myself that I can't be bothered with.

if you dont want to download content you dont have to,There are shares avalable like that(pay),Then you can add as many devices as you like to your panel,Also the plex server on the pc does not even need to be on once you have added your devices.either way what ever you pick plex is a good app for streaming,Happy mass movie flicking

Back