Poor Picture When Watching Live Football On Firestick

I only get poor pictures when watching live football everything else seems ok, any ideas
If you watch via the common channels Eg Sky sports premier league or BT Sports 1hd you might want to watch through a different stream, that's what they're there for.
Bein sports and Dazn usually have better picture and always seems to be better commentary than the main channels but there's lots of other choices for each match

Enable hardware decoding too if you haven't already.

Tbh I do find it the fs doesn't have as clear, crisp and smooth a picture as even budget android boxes when watching life sport.

Maybe contact your supplier to ask their suggested settings.

do you have options for different qualities, ie SD, HD and FHD? is it poor on all or just a specific one?

I only get poor pictures when watching live football everything else seems ok, any ideas
I have noticed similar experience with 4k FS, (appears that a light sea mist has engulfed the pitch) compared to E2 box which has bright and vibrant picture (same match and stream). I improved the FS by altering the 8 / 10 / 12 bit colour setting. but its still not up to E2 clarity.

Well hate to disagree but I have two 4k sticks and a 2nd generation and all 3 are far superior to my mag 256 or my android boxes, the mag is now a doorstop. Loads of different things to consider to I/D the problem but the quality of your suppliers streams would be high up my list. My football streams are great.

ps forgot to mention I have two suppliers and both are great.

Definitely switch to Hardware decoding as opposed to Software decoding. HW dec puts the load on the GPU which was made for that job. SW dec puts the load thru the CPU and you'll find the firestick slows down/freezes a lot. You'll also get a better picture.

Problem with the UK channel streams is they run at 25fps which will seem jittery. Watch on a US or middle eastern sports channel at 50-60fps will look clearer and buttery smooth.

Back