Portable sat dish

Janso

TK Veteran
My dad's got a portable dish, and he's wanting to use his multisat line when at the caravan - is it possible to motorise one of these? or does it all depend on make and model etc?

19.2 and 23.5 mainly. He reckons he's had a lock on the satellites so it's just a case of motorising it to save pratting about switching between them.

- - - Updated - - -

The alternative is trying to fit a multi LNB rack, which would probably be cheaper in all honesty.

Will be Netherlands channels also some English transmit on those I've got a website link somewhere with all on those. I got whole set up for just under £100 from a site called multimediasystems.multimedia systems.co.systems.co.uk I dunno if they do anything separate that may help

Used to use a portable dish on a touring caravan, had to align the dish manually,
pretty straight forward when you have done it a few times, so if it's not a static caravan
I'm not too sure how a motorised set up would work.

You should be OK with motorised then, how are you connecting to the net ?

I used a wireless dongle which wasn't great to be honest, 3 network had the best coverage.

It may be best to try one first before shelling out on a motorised set up.

The sites I visited with WiFi where pretty expensive if you use their coverage, again, WiFi connection
so I wouldn't expect fantastic results.

Was told to play a radio station on silent on my phone while running the box to stop the WiFi
dropping out. ;)

Yeah it's a wireless dongle, the EE one - good advice with the radio station though, hadn't thought of that.

Think I'll show him how much a motorised dish costs and then see how much having to manually align the dish bothers him. lol

Back