Portable sat dish

Janso

TK Veteran
My dad's got a portable dish, and he's wanting to use his multisat line when at the caravan - is it possible to motorise one of these? or does it all depend on make and model etc?

Janso

TK Veteran
19.2 and 23.5 mainly. He reckons he's had a lock on the satellites so it's just a case of motorising it to save pratting about switching between them.

- - - Updated - - -

The alternative is trying to fit a multi LNB rack, which would probably be cheaper in all honesty.

Janso

TK Veteran
Aye, down in Norfolk. Could be right mate but he reckons he can pick them up.

nickyd186

TK Veteran
Will be Netherlands channels also some English transmit on those I've got a website link somewhere with all on those. I got whole set up for just under £100 from a site called multimediasystems.multimedia systems.co.systems.co.uk I dunno if they do anything separate that may help

bees

VIP Member
Used to use a portable dish on a touring caravan, had to align the dish manually,
pretty straight forward when you have done it a few times, so if it's not a static caravan
I'm not too sure how a motorised set up would work.

bees

VIP Member
You should be OK with motorised then, how are you connecting to the net ?

I used a wireless dongle which wasn't great to be honest, 3 network had the best coverage.

It may be best to try one first before shelling out on a motorised set up.

The sites I visited with WiFi where pretty expensive if you use their coverage, again, WiFi connection
so I wouldn't expect fantastic results.

Was told to play a radio station on silent on my phone while running the box to stop the WiFi
dropping out. ;)

Janso

TK Veteran
Yeah it's a wireless dongle, the EE one - good advice with the radio station though, hadn't thought of that.

Think I'll show him how much a motorised dish costs and then see how much having to manually align the dish bothers him. lol