Broadband Post any virgin deals.

Usually the first bill is more because you've still to pay for the time you used your old package before swapping over. That's why as soon as your last bill is generated get straight onto them and waste no time putting in your 30days notice
Normally I would do that but this is a new contract.

Just negotiated a new deal after our 18 months contract had lapsed. £78 a month for;

Gig1 Internet
Home phone with inclusive calls to uk landlines and mobiles + 100 mins per month of international calls
Television package with sky sports, tnt sports, movies, kids, all entertainment, netflix and 1 extra box upstairs.

I was paying £90 a month previously but that included a phone sim (which I didn't need anyway) so I thought £78 a month for a renewal was a fair price considering everything has been going up in price considerably recently.

These are the discounts I noticed had been applied on my bill so it may be worth asking for these discounts to be applied when negotiating a new deal.

image-2024-01-12-130348540.png

Just negotiated a new deal after our 18 months contract had lapsed. £78 a month for;

Gig1 Internet
Home phone with inclusive calls to uk landlines and mobiles + 100 mins per month of international calls
Television package with sky sports, tnt sports, movies, kids, all entertainment, netflix and 1 extra box upstairs.

I was paying £90 a month previously but that included a phone sim (which I didn't need anyway) so I thought £78 a month for a renewal was a fair price considering everything has been going up in price considerably recently.

These are the discounts I noticed had been applied on my bill so it may be worth asking for these discounts to be applied when negotiating a new deal.

Sounds like a nice package for op.
Pity they don't make these deals available to all. Or even advertise them.
Instead of us going through the rigmarole of haggling are arses off to save a tenner every renewal..... Paul

Gig1 Internet

Just remember that your bill will increase in April, so just be prepared for the jump in price mate

Just remember that your bill will increase in April, so just be prepared for the jump in price mate

They will try, they always do - i've been with Virgin for around 15 years now and they always knock it back down when you ring up, every time.

They will try, they always do - i've been with Virgin for around 15 years now and they always knock it back down when you ring up, every time.
Not this time mate, the new contracts in play. They now have it in your terms and conditions just like phone contracts

Not this time mate, the new contracts in play. They now have it in your terms and conditions just like phone contracts
It may be in the contract that it's going up by 3.9% plus interest rate, so say 9%.
This doesn't mean they can't give you a 8-9% discount of your base price which will effectively absorb that rise

It may be in the contract that it's going up by 3.9% plus interest rate, so say 9%.
This doesn't mean they can't give you a 8-9% discount of your base price which will effectively absorb that rise
It may depend on the representative you have to give you it, but you have no bargaining power this time. You can't leave penalty free like usual

The new contract has been in place every time I renew and it always says in T&C's it will go up each April but they always knock it down when I call to complain, for me anyway and it's been this way every year of the last 15 that i've been a customer.

Yeah my contract ends on 25th of this month currently got 250mb volt package £22. I shall do the usual ring and cancel my services and await retentions to get in touch after the low ball offers from the sales team 😮😮😮😮✊️✊️✊️👍🤣🤣

The new contract has been in place every time I renew and it always says in T&C's it will go up each April but they always knock it down when I call to complain, for me anyway and it's been this way every year of the last 15 that i've been a customer.
It only changed in their their contracts couple months back, everyone got an email.
Here's the link to uswitch also

Virgin media contract increase

As promised, I'd report back so here goes...

As expected, the annual price increase came through - up from £78 to £83.28p from the 7th April 2024. Spoke to them on live chat, told them I wanted to cancel so cancellation notice was given then I get a call this morning from them and they've entered me into a new 18 month contract with no price rise until April 2025 (when i'll call back and negotiate another deal) and they're now doing the same for £70 a month so not only am I not going to be subject to a £5.28p increase this year, they're actually reducing my current price by £8 a month... winner winner.

Not sure how you got to give your to notice, after getting the price rise , a lot of customers last year got the rise deferred and money knocked off too. I see that you only signed up in Jan 24 . Strange did they not even mention the new T&C that they put in place last year.

I also noticed that rise wasn't even 8.8%

Last edited:
They told me I was still in contract and had to pay X amount, I said that's fine I still want to cancel - I knew it wouldn't get that far anyway, it never does.

I've gone with Vodafone with there 1gb package. Seems cheap enough. Everything streams ok. And never got speeds as good as this over. £36 a month and no rise until next year. Bought my own Vodafone super hub instead of paying £10 extra a month they wanted for it. Got one of eBay for £60.

My Netgear router as overheated not sure why. Broke it trying to dismantle it to see if I could see why it was overheating. It got that hot I could smell the wood heating up and everything was glitching out on my ps5 when on line. Everything was red hot.

Bought it second hand and looking at the motherboard while apart it seems as if something as dropped on it before as it was covered in crap
1000008455.jpg WiFi too. In my bedroom

Virgin media family & friends deal (new customers only)

£32 per month

1GB WiFi router (£3 extra for free view channels)

Back